finally discharged....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally discharged....

After much stress about how complicated my case might have been, my 341 meeting took all of 20 minutes (although I did have to go into a lot of detail about some of my actions), was concluded that day, no debtors filed APs, and today in the mail I have my actual discharge papers.

~650k not needing to be paid off is a huge weight off of my shoulders. My back has been healing (had surgery) much faster since I found it posted on PACER this week.

Thank you everyone, this forum has been extremely helpful. I wish everyone the best of success in being freed from their own debt traps.

Congratulations on your discharge
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Congratulations! Enjoy your fresh start.
      Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

That's awesome! Congrats and enjoy your fresh start!
          Filed 8/31/10
          341 Hearing 10/5/10

Hopefully No Asset Ch 7

Comment

Thanks! .....and my case closed today =D

Comment

ja181 - I looked through your old posts to see if you ever posted about your 341 and I could only find one reference to the trustee asking you questions and specific checks from your bank statement. Is there more that you'd be willing to share? Sounds like you have a story there. Feel like telling?
              There are two secrets for success in life:
              1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by debee View Post
                ja181 - I looked through your old posts to see if you ever posted about your 341 and I could only find one reference to the trustee asking you questions and specific checks from your bank statement. Is there more that you'd be willing to share? Sounds like you have a story there. Feel like telling?
                Sure. A few things that made my case complicated:

1. I started a class-action lawsuit shortly after my case was filed
                2. I owned 30 percent of a company that was being sold
                3. My name was removed from my parents house within the 4 year lookback allowed here
                4. My name was still listed on a house in a different state, where an investor took over for me but was never able to sell it
                5. I moved in to a bigger apartment (with a new roommate) 1 months before I filed
                6. The car I drive is in my parents' name, and I make their payments on the loan

Wow, I've not made that list before... everything is always so complicated...

All of these things did come up in my 341, but were only discussed for a minute or two each. What the biggest concern of the trustee was, what was this check, that check, etc for more than $600 here and there... Mostly rent checks, car payment checks, pre-payments to doctors that I had to make before they would perform surgery, medications, and moving expenses. That's all he really cared about, the stuff he could get his hands on quickly if they were not permissible payments.

As long as you are fully prepared for everything the trustee will ask you, and in my case calling him "Sir" because he has a big ego, you have a good chance of getting through without any problems.

Comment

lol @ the "sir" bit. I read a trustee's blog last week and in it he says that he's been asking the questions so long he can recognize a meaningful pause when he hears one. So I don't doubt you when you say preparation is key. Thanks for the info. It's helpful.
                  There are two secrets for success in life:
                  1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

I'm late to the party, but congrats nonetheless!!
                    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X