top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It has been 18 days since discharge and case is still not closed. ( check pacer every

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been 18 days since discharge and case is still not closed. ( check pacer every

HI

We were Discharged chapter 7 No asset 8-31-10... Very Happy.

We are in the Middle District FL.

It has been 18 days since discharge and case is still not closed. ( check pacer every couple of days)

I called the case worker about 10 days ago. she said the closing is just procedural and has No idea on timeline of the closing.......

I just want it to close. so it is Final Final Final and can just get on with my life.

Should I call her again in a few weeks to ask again or just chill out?

Anyone else in the Middle District FL chapter 7 No Assets had there case take several weeks to close after Discharge?

My lawyer called him he told me to call the case worker and gave me her name and number. ( 10 days ago)
    Filled 5-2010
    7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
    8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

From what I've read, if you're a no asset case -- it's just procedural and nothing at all to be concerned about. Congratulations!
    04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

ssmdem is correct. "Closing" the case in a CH7 no asset scenario is merely an administrative proceeding within the court and has no effect on you. The discharge was the last thing concerning your case that affected you. Congrats, enjoy your fresh start.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

The case closing is just an administrative portion of your case, unless you're an asset case. if you're an asset case, the case can't close until the administration of your non-exempt assets is completed. Don't worry about your case not closing. It's actually a good thing to keep it open. If you forgot a creditor or something, you don't need to re-open the case and pay $260 to update your schedules. Think of it on the bright side!

Remember, the goal of a bankruptcy is to receive a discharge of your debts. You've already done that. My case has been open from the time of my discharge (in May 2010) until now. I'm not even going to call the Case Manager. I kinda like it open.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Now that's interesting --- not worrying about it closing. Make so much sense.

Comment

If you read the stickies you would know this.
            Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

yes, i am in the same area....mine were mailed to me in the SAME envelope from the court...the no asset distribution from the trustee and the discharge....but then again i'm not a PACER ADDICT.....(Hmmmmmmmm....like some i know...lol).

it will be fine!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Pathfinders we were discharged in July and closed earlier this month. I thought we were all finished but attorney says we must file 2010 Fed/State Returns and then receive any refund in the form of a paper check and send to our TT and he will keep a pro-rated portion and send us the rest. Funny thing is we kept and spent our 2009 refunds before filing and the TT never mentioned one word about our 2010 Returns/Refunds but attorney says we are obligated and must send them in or else.

Comment

thanks everyone. NC If you would have read the stickey you would have known that it may take a few days beyond the 60 days to Discharge.
                  Filled 5-2010
                  7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
                  8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X