Does Chater 7 stop forclosure ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Chater 7 stop forclosure ?

I know it has probably been asked but I just got my sherrifs sale info today and it's for October 25th. I plan on filing by the end of September or first part of October. Will this stall the sherrif sale while I work out my Chapter 7?

It will stall it. How long depends on when the bank files for relief from the stay.

Comment

That's really all I needed to know. The redemption period is 6 mos so I just needed to get my ducks in a row and really needed a little more time.

Comment

It may not stall it that long. If the bank files a relief of stay quickly after getting your notice of filing, it may only buy you 45-60 days or so. The bank will get your notice of filing within a week tops after you file. Typically the bank will file a relief of stay right after the 341 or when they get a notice and you would have 30 days or so after that.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

True. I am not sure how to pursue it. I am still getting all my info together to present to the lawyer and decide how to procede.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X