Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
    does chexsystem get cleared off when you get discharged
    I do not believe so, it would be tantamount to your credit reports getting cleared when you get discharged. Apply same principles. IIB for example
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

my bad I meant like your credit does, like IIB

Comment

I believe so, but do not know.
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

chexsystem

From the horses' mouth:

Why wasn't my ChexSystems report removed when I filed bankruptcy?

A bankruptcy filing only affects the collection of outstanding debts. It does not require the removal of accurate factual information concerning your account.

The other thing to remember with chexsystem, the member banks are the ones filing the reports. If you want something removed, go see the bank that posted the report, they can remove it

For errors, chexsystem has to follow the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Tom in Colo
          Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

You can either change banks (which is a good idea if you also owe the bank money), close that account out and open a new one or block the CC companies from taking the money out. To be honest, closing the account or going to a different bank is going to be the easier option.

Comment

Close your current bank account. When the tell you the account will be reopened when any new activity occurs within 30 days, just keep saying "identify theft, identity theft".

Open a new bank account, I recommend something on the internet far far away like ING direct or Etrade bank. You can always mail in your deposits.

There are rules for ACH automatic recurring transfers, including that you are not supposed to be able to authorize over the phone. You can file a "Reg E"
              claim to take back any money that was wrongfully debited from you by electronic transfers.
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

i know that chase pulled out an account after i told them they were NO longer getting paid....no auto payments....

they took it anyway...so i called my bank and they faxed me a form to fill out stating that chase no longer has permission for auto pay......

they CHARGED back Chase....LOL!!!!! i actually NEVER had "auto" pay...but i did pay on line...they claimed i had signed up on line for "auto" payments....so i asked and my bank asked them to prove it....of course they couldn't....my bank ask me and saw other payments to chase, but i said those were on line payments and NOT auto payments...there is a difference, so my situation was a bit different....

HOWEVER, immediately contact the bank...put it in WRITING that all auto pays are to CREASE immediately...list those that have been authorized and make certain someone in charge at the bank helps you.
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

thank you all so much. it is great to be able to get good advice and support--especially at a time when it feels like everything is just getting out of control :-)

Comment

Comment

congrats!!!!!! great news!! now get you bucks out of that other account!! LOL!
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi 5 at you!! Now start getting your stuff together....lol

Comment

I like it when a plan comes together.
                          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

two days till you fill buddy, good luck
                            Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                            Hi 5 at you!! Now start getting your stuff together....lol

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
                              two days till you fill buddy, good luck
                              Thanks bigtim. I actually signed today. Attorney files Friday. Today was a bigger step for me..I showed up...lol. I am sitting home now calming my nerves with some Jager and Johnny Walker Blue...my wife gonna hate me tonight.

Comment

someone just told me that if the auto withdrawals are refused--that the credit card companies will report me as passing a bad check? is this true? At this point I have never had a check bounce.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X