No announcement yet.

Help with credit cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked over my accounts and Chase and Citi are the only ones who are auto withdrawing who have also set it up so that I can't cancel or modify the payments.

My brother (a lawyer--but totally different kind of law), says that for them to really be safe in continuing the auto withdrawal--that they need to have my authorization--in writing--with a signature. (which they do not). Otherwise--I am within my rights to stop payment.

So--I am going to take this letter in to the Golden1 tomorrow:

Attention Golden1 Bank Manager:

Chase and Citibank have been improperly using auto-withdrawal on my account. I have not provided either bank with a written authorization to auto-withdraw from my account.

I have sent a letter to each bank requesting that these auto-withdrawals stop.

I want you to be aware that these charges are not authorized.

I also wish to formally stop payment for the auto withdrawals that they have scheduled.

Then I will put a list of the next few months of auto withdraws that are scheduled--with the dates and amounts for both Citi and Chase--and with a corresponding stop payment request for each transaction.

This way--Golden1 has been told in writing to stop payment--and if they allow the auto withdrawal, then I have a complaint against them. If they report me to Chex because there was no money to cover these auto withdrawals--then I have a good case to fight it.

I will also mail a letter to Chase and a letter to Citi--requesting that the auto withdrawals stop.

Comment

Or you might just walk into Golden1 with a letter saying account info compromised, potential id theft, close account.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

I had to close 2 checking accounts because cc companies would not stop withdrawing from my accounts when I told them to stop. My CU was more helpful in this situation than the bank.

Comment

well, i really messed up the on line accounts first before i did anything.

i went in and removed all the bank info...checked my email address and then put a "block" on it. i change all the info to blank...and although they had everything already somewhere...there were suppose to report the chances and never did...

then i went to the back and stopped everything and everyone from taking anything out.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X