Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ex refinancing loans now??

Quick run-down:

Divorce was final January 2010; ex was supposed to get my name off two loans, one for a Dodge Pickup and the other is for a camper. He never bothered to even try until now; guess the credit union threatened to take his truck until he either coughed up enough to buy my half out or refinanced the entire loan.

Friday I got a call from the credit union; seems they approved him for a new loan on the truck, effectively removing me from the loan. Next week the camper may go through as well with a new loan.

I was going to call my attorney on Monday to give him this information; it won't effect my going bankrupt as it's nothing more then a small dent in my debt, but the paperwork submitted to the courts is now wrong. Two loans need to be removed.

Has anybody had this happen to them?? How hard is it to correct the paperwork after its already been filed?

Sue
    Filed Chapter 7: 8/11/2010 341: 9/13/2010 Done!!
    9/14/2010 Trustee Report of No Distribution
    Discharged 11/15/2010 Closed 11/18/2010

It's no biggie. You have the right to amend your filing.

Comment

Have you had your 341 yet? Has the refinancing definitely gone through?

You may not have to amend your filing. Just mention to the Trustee at the 341 if you haven't had it yet about the fact that your ex has gotten around to complying with the court order and refinanced your name off of the loans that he was supposed to. If the Trustee (or your attorney) says to amend, then do so. But chances are good that you won't have to go through that added expense.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X