Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage after chapter 7

Hi
    I filed chapter 7 in 2008 and was discharged. Now my home is in foreclosure (I have been battling with the bank for a modification....with no luck) I never reaffirmed the mortgage so my question is ...Does it show up on my credit report as a foreclosure or just that it was discharged in the chapter 7?
    Thanks in advance

discharged in Ch 7. You can have a foreclosure then a bankruptcy. But, you can't have a bankruptcy then a foreclosure (providing the mortgages were discharged in the bk).
    Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

The foreclosure should not report to your credit - but the foreclosure will have an impact on when you can purchase your next home.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Thank you. Thats what I figured. I guess I am in a good situation.
        It is still really hard to give up the fight to save our home...but in the long run it is for the best.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X