Recovery company calling about motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery company calling about motorcycle

I have a 08 Kawasaki ninja 250 and a recovery company from another state has been calling and leaving messages. So, I went out and moved the bike to a friends house until I fill chapter 7 in 5 weeks. I owe 4k on the bike. It is damaged from me being ran off the road but runs fine. What should I do. Do u think I can get sued in the next five weeks. Why is the recovery company from a different state calling me? I have heard of other people on here not having this situation with HSBC. Why am I? Cause I actually need this bike for a bit because my car got repoed over the weekend.
    Thanks for all the help this site is a Godsend and I have been so stressed.

If they file a motion for relief of stay you'll have to give the bike back anyway and if they are already trying to repo I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
    How far are you behind on it?

Comment

Even if they file suit Monday morning it ain't gonna make it to judgment before you file in a few weeks.

Comment

Thanks for the responses over the weekend. You guys are always helpful. I had a crazy weekend with my motorcycle getting stolen, not repoed, but stolen. Someone broke into my friends garage and stole his motorcycle and mine. The police said this has been a problem the past couple weeks. So, basically the question I started with as of now doesn't really matter. I just don't know what happens next. My insurance or my buddies insurance will be covering this but what do I do when the cut me a check. I can't pay the bike off cause that would be preferential payment. Right? So I guess I need to really find ou. Has anyone ever has this happen?

Comment

Don't expect anyone to cut you a check. Assuming the vehicle was financed, then the lender is on the title as lien holder. Your policy is probably set up with the lender as loss payee - meaning they will pay the value of the bike less your deductible, and issue payment to the lender. The only way you should get a check is if that amount is more than you owe.

The lender will pursue you eventually for the difference in what you owe them, but that will be an unsecured debt when you file ch. 7.

Originally posted by youngraduate View Post
          Thanks for the responses over the weekend. You guys are always helpful. I had a crazy weekend with my motorcycle getting stolen, not repoed, but stolen. Someone broke into my friends garage and stole his motorcycle and mine. The police said this has been a problem the past couple weeks. So, basically the question I started with as of now doesn't really matter. I just don't know what happens next. My insurance or my buddies insurance will be covering this but what do I do when the cut me a check. I can't pay the bike off cause that would be preferential payment. Right? So I guess I need to really find ou. Has anyone ever has this happen?
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Oh good I don't even want to deal with the lender right now. At least they get their money though.

Comment

Found out today that I have a $500 deductible for the bike and there is no way I can pay that. If I don't pay the deductible HSBC won't get their money. What could they do to me when I don't pay or file a claim? Wow, it's crazy how life has a snowball effect when things are not going your way.

Comment

maybe they will find the bike? My brother sold a car years ago, they had a fake cashiers check from a bank. Well he never got the money and nothing they could do for him. Guess what, 5 months later the car was found in a parking lot, undamaged, with hardly any more miles on it to get it from our house to where it was found. Turned out there was a computer theft ring, and they would use the cars to just get from point A to pointB and leave the car. They did find the theifs, and they got thier due, my brother was able to turn around and sell the car for cash when it was all cleared up with the investigation. Just saying, you never know! Hope it works out for you. I would think that maybe HSBC would pay the deductible, especially if the bike is worth some money.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X