Question....Help? Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question....Help? Suggestions?

What you need to do is stop playing phone tag with him and set an appointment for a face to face meeting to discuss this in person so there can be no mixed communication. The way you and he are going back and forth isn't helping at all. That, or take the next bonus and hire a new attorney.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

That is the downside of hiring an atty based on them being the largest bk office in your area. THey handle hundreds of cases, and yours is not significant to them. They are bankruptcy mills - goal is to put thru many cases and not have to do any work on them.

How much have you paid? Have you consulted others? Perhaps ones that will discuss your case and give you time & attention?
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I paid $1350 including the filing fees so I imagine I would at least be entitled to the filing fees back and whatever portion was for representation at the 341 meeting. I would gladly go to someone else but I am pretty sure I do not pass the means test at this point. I have consulted others and for what was offered and their reputation this first was first class and reasonable priced. I have seen no bad reviews on them so I am quite disappointed. I may e-mail a few of the other lawyers I talked to before filing from work today just to see their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by moten33 View Post
          I paid $1350 including the filing fees so I imagine I would at least be entitled to the filing fees back and whatever portion was for representation at the 341 meeting. I would gladly go to someone else but I am pretty sure I do not pass the means test at this point. I have consulted others and for what was offered and their reputation this first was first class and reasonable priced. I have seen no bad reviews on them so I am quite disappointed. I may e-mail a few of the other lawyers I talked to before filing from work today just to see their opinion.
          If those bonuses are going to end then don't file now. Wait it out if you can until you drop back under the median income. I don't know as I'd describe your experience with this firm as first class, but that's for you to decide. Good luck.
          Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
          I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I agree with Newbie. Wait another 6 months until your bonuses drop off the lookback and then file. In the meantime, take your time interviewing several more attorneys.
            Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
            0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X