I am discharged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am discharged

Looked on Pacer this morning and I have been discharged. I had wanted to reaffirm my car, but Toyota never sent the paperwork. I had hoped to use this to rebuild my credit to the point that Landlords won't question my score as some won't rent if the score is below a certain number.

Here are some specifics of my case: I am under the median. I was not current on my mortgage when I filed. I had a positive DMI of $1,300 on the Schedule J because I had no rent or mortgage listed at all. The entire time, I was worried about being pushed into a 13. But my attorney told me that I didn't have anything to worry about as the Trustee would take the Totality of Circumstances into consideration. She was right. I was worried about nothing. Listen to your attorney, but also do your own homework and research on bankruptcy.

Right now, I have some money in savings and a secure job. Still working on getting the budget into shape, but I do have more money in the savings than I have had since my ex and I were together. Plan on building into my budget an automatic payment to savings.

As for credit cards, since I wasn't able to reaffirm my car, I am planning on getting a secured credit card only at the end of the summer to rebuild my credit. Once it is rebuilt to the point that it is around 650-700, I am getting rid of the card. And I will only charge what I have the money for and pay it off in full each month.

Originally posted by helpmeout View Post
    Looked on Pacer this morning and I have been discharged. I had wanted to reaffirm my car, but Toyota never sent the paperwork. I had hoped to use this to rebuild my credit to the point that Landlords won't question my score as some won't rent if the score is below a certain number.

Here are some specifics of my case: I am under the median. I was not current on my mortgage when I filed. I had a positive DMI of $1,300 on the Schedule J because I had no rent or mortgage listed at all. The entire time, I was worried about being pushed into a 13. But my attorney told me that I didn't have anything to worry about as the Trustee would take the Totality of Circumstances into consideration. She was right. I was worried about nothing. Listen to your attorney, but also do your own homework and research on bankruptcy.

Right now, I have some money in savings and a secure job. Still working on getting the budget into shape, but I do have more money in the savings than I have had since my ex and I were together. Plan on building into my budget an automatic payment to savings.

As for credit cards, since I wasn't able to reaffirm my car, I am planning on getting a secured credit card only at the end of the summer to rebuild my credit. Once it is rebuilt to the point that it is around 650-700, I am getting rid of the card. And I will only charge what I have the money for and pay it off in full each month.
    Congratulations on your discharge! It also sounds like you have the future well planned for yourself as far as your budget and savings. Good for you!
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

We are all proud of you. Grats. Sorry to be so late but the hamsters were out of town with us, but, here is your Victory Dance:

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

WhoooHoooo!! Congrats on your Discharge!!!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X