top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do? Pre-discharge cert still not on PACER! Atty won't call back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do? Pre-discharge cert still not on PACER! Atty won't call back!

PACER shows the deadline for the pre-discharge financial management course as less that a week away, and NOT SATISFIED YET! I have tried to call my attorney but his secretary gives one excuse after the other, and he hasn't called me back.

Should I call the contact the trustee personally?

I would call the Bankruptcy Clerk's office

I would call the bankruptcy Clerk's Office to see if it is there, but not yet entered.

If not there, I would go down to my attorney's office. If you've taken the course, it should be as simple as sending it in.

I filed Pro Se, and I filed/mailed my certificate to the Bankruptcy Clerk's office on the same day that I finished the course, and the VERY next day, it was entered, but my District is really efficient. Anytime I sent anything through the mail it was always entered next day.
    02-12-2009, Filed Chapter 7, Pro Se
    03-24-2009, 341
    05-28-2009, Discharged!

Comment

Your attorney probably is enrolled in ECF, so he files these documents electronically with the court. That system is instantaneous, so he can do it any time prior to the deadline. It's worth a phone call to make sure it gets done, but I wouldn't get too worked up until the deadline is a day or two out. If he screws it up, and your case gets dismissed (unlikely), it'll be on him to pay to reopen the case & make the filing. Just be sure you have some proof that you provided him with the certificate. If you are really concerned, you could always go down to the clerk's office the day before the deadline runs & file the certificate & form.

Comment

Update: I finally got an E-mail from my attorney, and he said that he had received and filed the documentation. So now I am going to check on PACER.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X