reaffirmation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reaffirmation question

We have retained an attorney for Chap 13, since we are over median income for Washington state, but he seems to think we can do chap 7 after means test, due to alot of medical bills.

We for sure want to keep our home of 23 years that we are current on mortgage payments, and also want to keep our car , with car payments. How and when do we reaffirm both loans? I am not understanding what it even means. Do we contact the lenders , or does the attorney take care of that for us? Is there a fee involved usually? If we didnt reaffirm doesnt that mean the bank can foreclose on our home? What are the reasons why we wouldnt want to reaffirm?

Originally posted by ferfermom View Post
    We have retained an attorney for Chap 13, since we are over median income for Washington state, but he seems to think we can do chap 7 after means test, due to alot of medical bills.

We for sure want to keep our home of 23 years that we are current on mortgage payments, and also want to keep our car , with car payments. How and when do we reaffirm both loans? I am not understanding what it even means. Do we contact the lenders , or does the attorney take care of that for us? Is there a fee involved usually? If we didnt reaffirm doesnt that mean the bank can foreclose on our home? What are the reasons why we wouldnt want to reaffirm?
    just tell your lawyer u want to reaffirm the house and car and he will take care of it
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I am not sure why medical bills would be a factor? Unless you mean that you have alot of monthly medical expenses?

Reaffirmation is something that happens during bankruptcy where you sign paperwork to accept responsibility for a debt after the bankruptcy.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X