Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 year filing requirement

Hello Everyone,

I have a friend who had a bankruptcy that was discharged on July 12, 2002.

She has had some severe medical problems, job loss, etc., and needs to file a bankruptcy again.

I told her there was a 8 year requirement she meet before she can file again. I am not sure if the 8 year clock starts from the filing date or discharge date. If it is the filing date she can file now. If it is the discharge date then she can`t file till after July 12, 2010.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

Originally posted by down @ out View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I have a friend who had a bankruptcy that was discharged on July 12, 2002.

She has had some severe medical problems, job loss, etc., and needs to file a bankruptcy again.

I told her there was a 8 year requirement she meet before she can file again. I am not sure if the 8 year clock starts from the filing date or discharge date. If it is the filing date she can file now. If it is the discharge date then she can`t file till after July 12, 2010.

Can someone help?

Thanks,
    July 12th? That isn't that long to even worry about the days. She is weeks near that time. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It's 8 years between filing dates.
      Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
      Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

8 years between filing dates, since you can't control the discharge date if the courts are behind or something. She can file at any time.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X