still paying mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still paying mortgage

So we're keeping the house. The payment is only $615 a month, can't rent for that. I tried to pay the mortgage payment today and it won't let me do it online! (My paranoid self has been paying at least 10 days early to be sure it clears, thank God I tried to do it today)

I have a checking with the same bank as the mortgage and have for the past 3 months just clicked twice and sent the payment over immediately.

WHY would disallowing this easy type of payment benefit the banks? I don't get it. Wouldn't they be happy to accept my money? I'll call tomorrow and figure out how to pay them.

We've never been a minute late on this payment, up until I changed banks it was set on auto draft. I'm annoyed.

(I do still have access on the mortgage site, just won't let me pay)
    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
    341, 05/10/2010
    discharged, 07/13/2010

Is your mortgage company reporting your payments to the credit bureaus? We just tried to get a car loan and neither our mortgage company, home equity loan company, or 2 car loans companies are reporting the payments.....I don't know if this is correct, but wanted to know if yours was or wasn't, that way maybe I can figure our out!

Comment

I don't know. I haven't pulled our credit reports and won't until we're discharged, the 341 is still 2 weeks away.
      341, 05/10/2010
      discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Because of the automatic stay- they are not allowed any collection activity. Many creditors disable online account payment options as it could be argued that leaving it as it was is a collection effort.

Call your mortgage company and find out the address for payments now that you have filed. It probably will be a different department.

If you do not reaffirm, then car/home loans should NOT report your payments.
        Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
        (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I have the new address. I have a letter from them that said something about if I have questions to call their bk dept. It also said if I have auto payments that will continue. WHY is that allowed but me initiating the clicks on the computer to send money over isn't? I HATE writing checks and mailing them. HATE.
          341, 05/10/2010
          discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X