Tax refund 30k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax refund 30k

You need to write in complete sentences if you want help. This is too hard to decode. Sorry.
    Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
    341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
    Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
    Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

I agree with PoorGrammy. I can't make sense of your situation based on what you posted.

We're not being judgmental - just stating its hard to give feedback when we can't make out where you're coming from.

One thing I did pick up on, I believe you have an interest only loan? I'd suggest to get in contact w/ your mortgage company ASAP and see if there is any in-house modification available to convert it to a fixed rate loan.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

How does one get a refund that high? Those are your kids bills not yours. You should pay the creditors. Course I wouldn't be surprised if the courts allowed it.
        Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

You must be very careful not to pay in one place. The kids tuition if they are under your care (less than 26 and in college, but check with the law) that would be much for "forgivable" than sticking that on a house principle. With 30K you best afford a lawyer on this one. Your exemption does not exempt the rest of the payments. You are unemployed? How are you going to do this? If you have a way, tell us, we all need a good job.

With a mortgage that huge, do you not have a savings? Not withstanding retirement funds that don't count.

I wish you well friend. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X