Car price, mileage and lender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car price, mileage and lender

I live in NC. My husband and I attend our 341 last week. We have received a few offers from car dealerships encouraging us to visit their dealerships to purchase a car while we are still in Chapter 7. I submitted an application to one dealership and we are supposed to go in tomorrow. I know how much of a payment I want. But it seems as if the lender will only finance us if we purchase a late model car with low miles and I understand their reasoning, but I don't want a 2-3 year old car. Has anyone had any luck getting a lender to finance an older car (2003-2006) for them? I don't have any money for a down payment.

With no down payment, you're going to have a hard time getting anything financed I am afraid. Its a risk model, and if you have no cash invested in the car then you pretty much have nothing to 'lose'.

If you've budgeted for a $350 car payment, set that money aside for a few months until you have at least $1,000 if not more. Then you'll have better results I think.

And if later model is what you're interested in, you may do better going private party. For something early 2000's you may be able to buy one without car payments.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

We've been getting these type of offers, too. I checked into one and the interest rate is about 22% for 60 months with $1000 down on any car with under 60K miles.
      Filed CH13 12/31/08, abandoned March 09 after losing job.

Ch7 Filed March 2010. 341 Meeting April 2010. Discharge and Case Closed July 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X