Help with mortgage expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with mortgage expense

All, next month (May) we hope to finally file for chapter 7. I know you can use your actual mortgage expense but I have a new issue that just came up. I received a notice from our mortgage company that my house payment has now dropped down by $140.00 beginning with the May payment. If I am listing our expenses now while filling out our paperwork do I list what the payment is now or what it will go to beginning in May? All paperwork will be submitted at the end of this month so that we can file in the middle of May. Do they want the actual expense of what it is at the time you file???
    08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
    04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
    06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
    08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

In general schedule J is about your expenses at time of filing & looking forward. I'm not sure why you're asking unless you had a typo in the month? Your next payment is May, which is $140 less than before. You're filling out paperwork to file in May, which means you will file after you have made your first -$140 payment. And the payments subsequent to filing will be the -$140 amount.

Schedule J is not about what your expenses once were...
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

You will have to use your current mortgage payment at the time of filing. This happened to me last year right before I filed, I got notice that my payment was going down by $100 starting June 1st, I filed for BK May 28th and used my "old payment" on my petition before anything was due.
      May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
      May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
      May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
      9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Got it... use the new payment since we will file in May. Thank you!
        08-2009:Quit Paying Credit Cards
        04-2010:Hired 2nd Attorney;05-2010:Filed 7
        06-2010:341 Meeting (went very well)
        08-24-2010: Discharged; 09-02-2010 Closed!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X