top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

summons to serve!! is it too late to file on them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, go to this link and read the stickies to help you formulate a reply to this summons. It is easier than you think, but don't put it off as timing is everything.http://debt-consolidation-credit-rep...play.php?f=198

Once you reply, then it will take so many days for them to respond with a hearing. In the meantime, you just concentrate on getting your Bk attorney.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

i would also ignore what they enclosed and say you don't have enough info to admit or deny anything. then see what happens...
      filed ch7 May 09
      341 june 09
      discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

thanks everyone! Still reading, hopefully I can get something in the mail Monday.

Comment

found this so far.
          MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE ANSWER

Comes now (your name), stating that:

1. The service of this Complaint was attested to by the (your County) Deputy Sheriff on xx/xx/0x.
          2. An answer is required of defendant no later than 20 days, which date is xx/xx/0x.
          3. Defendant requires additional time due to (your excuse which should sound pretty damn important).
          4. Defendant submits attachment B, which serves as proof of same. (I attached a statement from a doctor).
          5. Defendant requests an additional 90 days, or, notwithstanding, 60 additional days to answer Complaint.
          6. Defendant contacted Plaintiff on xx/xx/x8 asking if Plaintiff would object to this motion. Plaintiff asked defendant to file the motion with the court.

WHEREFORE, I respectfully request a leave to file answer, and for all other just and proper relief. I affirm under the penalties of perjury that the foregoing representations are true.

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I hereby certify that I sent a copy of this Petition by first class mail to the opposing attorney on _________________________.

Comment

well, this is not exactly an answer but a request for more time to file the answer. if you really have a statement from a doctor, then this could be a good idea. my feeling is that such a request for more time would be granted, and you'd get a new deadline. but remember, you really would have to call the plaintiff if you are going to write that you called the plaintiff...

if you don't have something from a doctor, you should try to file an actual answer as opposed to a request to file an answer late. in most cases, you would not need "leave to file answer" because you have a right to file an answer as long as you do it on time.
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09

Comment

that was just a sample I found mine would be more like this-
              and I have been busy with Dr's but no actual note.

Comes now XXXXXX stating that:

1. The service of this Complaint was filed at the XXXX county municipal court on 03/30/2010.

2. An answer is required of defendant no later than 28 days after service of summons of 04/02/2010, exclusive of the day of service, which date is 04/30/10.

3. Defendant does not have sufficient evidence as to whether to admit or deny complaint and give an answer at this time.

4. Defendant requires additional time due to health problems and obtaining an attorney.

5. Defendant requests an additional 90 days, or, notwithstanding, 60 additional days to answer Complaint.

WHEREFORE, I respectfully request a leave to file answer, and for all other just and proper relief. I affirm under the penalties of perjury that the foregoing representations are true.

Case Number: CVF XXXXXXX

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE

I hereby certify that I sent a copy of this Petition by first class mail to the opposing attorney on 04/26/2010.

Comment

well, I sent it, had to get something in the mail TODAY.
                It will either HELP or they will get a good laugh at my expense!

have an appointment with the attorney Friday! $900 and $299 filing fee.

Comment

Originally posted by seekininfo View Post

have an appointment with the attorney Friday! $900 and $299 filing fee.
                  i hope everything works out for you, what answer did you give?

Comment

NOTHING! just the above asking for more time, hoping by the time they get that, laugh at me and send a date, i will have been able to get filed.

I cannot believe how stressful it was to call an attorney! I was SO scared! and kept putting it off.
                    The lady I talked with couldnt have been any nicer and non-judgemental .

Comment

Probably both.

You are just requesting a time extension, also called an Enlargement in legal terms, of the time required to file an answer. A Leave to File an answer is done after you have filed an answer and wish to file an amended answer as one example, so that part of the letter will make them chuckle, but they know you are not a lawyer.

The time extension allowed is specified in the Rules of Procedure for your State and court. It is usually 30 days, so that's what I expect you'll get.
                      “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

oh well, I dont care if they laugh. LOL I just need time to file the BK.

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                        Probably both.

You are just requesting a time extension, also called an Enlargement in legal terms, of the time required to file an answer. A Leave to File an answer is done after you have filed an answer and wish to file an amended answer as one example, so that part of the letter will make them chuckle, but they know you are not a lawyer.

The time extension allowed is specified in the Rules of Procedure for your State and court. It is usually 30 days, so that's what I expect you'll get.

Comment

NOTHING! just the above asking for more time, hoping by the time they get that, laugh at me and send a date, i will have been able to get filed.

I cannot believe how stressful it was to call an attorney! I was SO scared! and kept putting it off.
                          The lady I talked with couldnt have been any nicer and non-judgemental .
                          i hope you find an attorney and start your bk process.

Comment

crap, guess it didnt help!
                            checked the court cases online and saw this.

04/29/2010
                            CASE SET FOR A PRE-TRIAL ON 05/18/2010 AT 11:00 AM
                            PRINTED: COURT HEARING NOTICE

have an appointment today with an attorney. Can they get it filed in that short of time?

Comment

it did help: you got a pre-trial hearing instead of a default judgment. pre-trial hearings are usually times for the parties to exchange information (i.e. get them to give you the information that's missing) and for setting a date for the trial. there cannot be a judgment on a pre-trial date unless you don't show up or send something in asking for a different date or something. pre-trial dates are also usually not set in stone and you can call the court clerk to see first, what exactly is expected of you at that time, and second, whether you can change the date.

so you will have plenty of time to file before your bk, and your attorney today can give you more hints about delaying the suit. in any event, relax, you did very very well with your letter!
                              filed ch7 May 09
                              341 june 09

Comment

thanks, after I posted, I realized it did keep it from being a default judgement. Which is good
                                I havent received anything about the pretrial yet. Will I get a letter about it?

appointment at 3, will post what she says

Thanks so much for the help!

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                                it did help: you got a pre-trial hearing instead of a default judgment. pre-trial hearings are usually times for the parties to exchange information (i.e. get them to give you the information that's missing) and for setting a date for the trial. there cannot be a judgment on a pre-trial date unless you don't show up or send something in asking for a different date or something. pre-trial dates are also usually not set in stone and you can call the court clerk to see first, what exactly is expected of you at that time, and second, whether you can change the date.

so you will have plenty of time to file before your bk, and your attorney today can give you more hints about delaying the suit. in any event, relax, you did very very well with your letter!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X