hardship package

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hardship package

I talked to my credit union today about my mortgage. I have a first about 78,000 and a second with them for 199,000. I am 2 months behind on 1st and three months behind on second, also owe them 25,000 on a credit card and 15,000 on signature line of credit. I told them I am filing a 7 in the next 2 weeks. They said they will mail a hardship package right away to work with me to keep the house. As usual I cannot get my attorney to respond to my questions. The Credit Union said it is important not to file before I try anything offered in the hardship package. Is this okay or have I messed up by telling them? Thanks again for any and all advice.

No harm in reviewing the 'hardship package' I think. And no harm in telling them you are contemplating bankruptcy. Anything they send cannot obligate you, and if you ultimately file BK you'll have the benefit of the automatic stay and eventually discharge.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X