question on reaffirmation - citibank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question on reaffirmation - citibank

Has anyone experienced what I've had before and can provide some assistance. Filing ch 7 hopefully today and married but filing as indiv in a community pro state. We have a small citifinancial (1.2k) that I'm primary with wife secondary.
    Now is it a good idea to reaffirm before discharge or wait till after and risk having a closed acct on my wife's credit report? Right now oc has it still since a payment was made in jan but I don't want to make it worst for my spouse who isn't filing. I've read here that a closed acct is o
    worst than bk on a cr, no clue why though. TIA!
    Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
    Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
    341 Meeting: 5/19/10
    Discharged: 7/26/10

Your filing won't 'close' the account. Your wife still owes it, and will still owe it since she is not filing. Whether you reaffirm or not makes no difference on that.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
      Your filing won't 'close' the account. Your wife still owes it, and will still owe it since she is not filing. Whether you reaffirm or not makes no difference on that.
      thanks for the info, guess if she makes minimum payments it won't hurt my case or will it be considered pref payments still.

off topic - filing ind but married, if I give my wife any money that is exempt from tax refund, is this insider payment?
      Retained lawyer: 3/30/10
      Filed Ch. 7: 4/07/10
      341 Meeting: 5/19/10
      Discharged: 7/26/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X