top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Anyone have to take kids to their 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Anyone have to take kids to their 341?

May have to take our kids to the 341 meeting. Has anyone else had to do this? My kids are 6 year old twins and very well behaved. We have an attorney and he said it is just at the trustee's office at the Federal building in Oakland. Is this something to worry about taking my kids or is it no big deal?

I'm not sure if they will let them in the actual trustee meeting. They may let them stay out in the waiting room, but then you have to worry about them being out there by themselves.

Comment

I think the youngest I've seen at a 341 Meeting (and I've been to 2 for myself), was 11 years old. It's highly discouraged, but the meeting is over so fast, I don't think it's an issue for a well-behaved 6-7+ year old to attend. Each Trustee may have different rules regarding children -- and almost all allow no infants. The341 Meeting is recorded so they don't want to hear chatter for screaming children.

Did you actually ask your attorney if it's okay?
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No, I haven't asked our attorney. I'm going to have someone watch them. Thanks to all.

Comment

Having a caregiver is always best when you need to attend important business meetings and legal proceedings. I am glad that you found someone.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have absolutely no family even in the state, all of the friends that have babysat in the past work during the day and of course our meeting is at 9am on a Monday. Even the neighbors work during the day. I have no idea what we'll do, but I can't take my child, he's old enough to cause problems and young enough to not be able to sit still!
            attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
            no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
            341, 05/10/2010
            discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Was afraid we would have to take our kids to a confirmation hearing - no babysitter during the day & at one point it was scheduled for a day of no school. Atty said bring them.
              Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
              (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I actually just woke up from a dream in which I was at the 341 with my two 5 year olds and they were running all over the place and getting covered in mud (the 341 was being held outdoors) and running around in the street almost hit by cars. Then I was worried that the court called my name and I missed it because I was chasing the kids.

I am going to ask my lawyer about this as I have no place to put my children either.

MMP

Comment

Wow, Money! You are certainly stressing over this. I really hope you find some way to deal with the unbearable stress that is upon you. Perhaps your doctor could prescribe a sleeping agent or help you cope with this. You do not need to be stressed at all about a 341 Meeting. Mine lasted exact 3 minutes. There was 1 minute of questions (3) and 2 minutes of joking around!

Comment

Well, I cant do anything about my dreams. I am happy to have any dream because that means I am sleeping!

I certainly have been sleeping cause I am drinking cold medicine, as I came down with something. No one else in my family came down with it, which NEVER happens. Put 2 and 2 together on that one...

Actually I am pretty skilled with dealing with stress usually, but I admit I got whooped bigtime by bankruptcy. I really do appreciate the life lesson.

Now I am less stressed because I had another consult, with my legal plan attorney bk factory, but they basically came down the same way as the other lawyer and justbroke, so now I am convinced I'm good to go. The dream actually came after this.

I'll post about the info later, but thanks for everything!

MMP

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X