Creditor Showed up on pacer. Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditor Showed up on pacer. Advice please

I believe the creditor is just requesting information about our BK. Why?

Does that mean they will show up at meeting?

It is my Sams Club card, bought mostly club size food and tp. Have cash advance on the card but it was more then 6 months ago. I did get a watch for my husband in Feb 09, then I lost my job in Oct 09. Stopped paying CC in Nov 09. Will they try to take my husbands watch???

Is it normal that creditors will show up on pacer? ugh

Pretty much standard operating procedure. I highly doubt they will show at the 341, more than likely will just file a claim in case you turn into an asset case.

Comment

It is very very very unlikely that they will show up at any 341 Meeting. What you probably see is an Notice of Appearance and Request for Notice. This is nothing more than letting the court know that they are represented and that any notices should be served on a different address.

Why would they want notice? Because your case could become an asset case and they want to be "noticed" on the correct address -- usually their attorney address -- so that they can file a claim in such asset case.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Cant wait to join the 60 day club!! I dosnt know if the pacer is a good thing or a bad thing! Checking it just stresses me out. I know we are an no asset case. Cant wait to start my life over. Thanks again.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X