checking acct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

checking acct

filed chapter 7 on march 15 and had 1178.00 in bank account...have to have at least 800 in ohio am i in trouble even thou bill were being deducted from that amount which left me 15 dollars two days later on the 17th? have to bring that paper to the 341 meeting in may

Originally posted by martymarr View Post
    filed chapter 7 on march 15 and had 1178.00 in bank account...have to have at least 800 in ohio am i in trouble even thou bill were being deducted from that amount which left me 15 dollars two days later on the 17th? have to bring that paper to the 341 meeting in may
    You're not in trouble, but the trustee may see the higher than allowed amount (in the exemptions for your state) and want it. I think you're saying that $800 is the allowed exemption and you had $1178. If that's the case and the trustee is a to-the-letter kind of guy/gal, then they may want the $378 that isn't exempted.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

I had the same issue. I stupidly was looking at my "available balance" instead of the actual balance. I had a check and debit card payment that were pending. Therefore, I filed with $200 on my paperwork but my statement will show $700.

I moved to Minnesota from Colorado last year so I have to use Colorado's exemptions. Apparently, there isn't any exemption for cash on hand.

Can anyone offer insight into what will happen? Am I going to get in trouble?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X