Filed a few weeks ago already got credit offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed a few weeks ago already got credit offers

I am speechless. Already the vultures are sending us mail offering to "HELP" us "rebuild our credit".. yeah help us get into debt again. They were for auto loans. Some verbage I read about "we know the last few months have been distressing with insensitive phone calls and letters"...

OMG I had to laugh.

Of course, it has been shredded already.
    Stopped paying c. cards February 2009
    Retained attorney 11/5/09 - $100k in C.Card debt - $120000 per year income - Filed Feb 2010 - 341 Apr 2010 - No Asset Case/Report of No Dist Apr 2010 - Discharged June 2010
    Case went without a hitch!
    I HELD MY HEAD HIGH IN THAT COURTROOM AND NOW I AM MOVING ON!

As soon as you file, your information becomes public record. Not only do creditors (usually auto places) obtain that information immediately, your name, address and other information gets out and put on BK mailing lists which can float out there forever. We were discharged from a Chapter 13 in August 2006 and still receive offers now and then in the mail indicating that since we have filed BK, they can help....this is 3 1/2 years after discharge and the BK came off our credit reports in April 2009! Goes to show you filing BK never really goes away cause your name and information on the BK is out there somewhere!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

We're getting the First Premier card offers in the mail. The ones where you pay $59 to activate a $300 credit limit card, which automatically gets charged with about $225 in fees for the first year.
      Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
      (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

No cc offers yet but a few offers for car loans have come in already. Nope. Sorry. Don't need one!!

Comment

same here, 2 offers for car loans within the first week after filing.

3/11/2010 - Filed Ch. 7
          4/21/2010 - 341 Scheduled
          6/21-7/1/2010 - Hopefully Discharged

Comment

Yeah, they want to "HELP" you get into debt again... If you read some of those "offers", you'll see some of those crazy interest rates they charge! UHM, no thanks.....
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X