New here, filing soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, filing soon

First I just wanted to say thanks for the wealth of information on this forum. It's because of this information that I decided to proceed with Chapter 7. I lost my job at the end of '08, and had to stop paying my credit cards in March of last year. I planned to catch up once I got a new job, but that didn't come until October, and then my wife lost hers in December. The only concern I have is the listing of creditors. I know all the original creditors, but I have received so many letters and calls from various agencies that I'm afraid I may have missed one over the course of a year. As long as I have all the originals listed, should I be fine?
    Retained Attorney: 2/24/10
    Filed: 4/1/2010
    341 Meeting: 5/24/2010
    Discharged! 8/5/10

Yes, that is correct.

But, for any that you do have collection agency/junk debt buyer addresses - include those as well. You can include the 2nd 'creditor' for an existing account with a $0 balance and mark 'for notice only'.

If you have not already, pull a current copy of your credit report. That can help you to catch anyone you may have forgotten.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
      Yes, that is correct.

But, for any that you do have collection agency/junk debt buyer addresses - include those as well. You can include the 2nd 'creditor' for an existing account with a $0 balance and mark 'for notice only'.

If you have not already, pull a current copy of your credit report. That can help you to catch anyone you may have forgotten.
      Thanks. I did get a credit report from my attorney. We listed everyone on there, but the majority of the collection agencies weren't on there yet. I had stacks and stacks of notices I went through and added everyone I could find. I know all the original creditors are there, I'm just nervous that over the course of a year I may have misplaced a letter here and there.
      Discharged! 8/5/10

Comment

Do you have a filing system for all the letters your getting? That might help you find out the once that are already on the list and the new onces that come in.
        This isn't legal advice, I'm in the same boat you are.

Talked to lawyer Feb 25,2010
        Stopped paying / using credit cards march 1st.

Comment

I'm saving everything I'm getting now, and have been for the past few months. I was worried about ones I may have missed from June-around October/November of last year, but my attorney says I'll be fine since all the original creditors are listed. I'll be filing next week.
          Discharged! 8/5/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X