When to pay for big ticket item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to pay for big ticket item?

My bankruptcy papers was filed on Friday. When can I start paying back my in-laws? Now or wait until after the 341 meeting? Does the trustee look at any payments after the filing date?

Our trustee requires bank statements for the four months preceding the filing of bankruptcy AND the next received bank statement that covers the date of filing. To avoid scrutiny, I would wait until you get your next bank statement in that covers the filing date then start voluntarily repaying pre-petition loans from your in-laws.
    Technically the trustee lacks legal standing to do anything about you paying them after filing but if they can hold out until your next bank statement, it'll avoid the trustee seeing payments that he can complain about but can't do much about.

--William
    I am an attorney, but I am just not your attorney.
    As such, any statement is not intended to create an attorney/client relationship.

Comment

Was curious about the same thing. I filed on 3/11 and my bank statement closed on 3/13 Can the trustee ask to see bank statements for the period between filing and the 341?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X