Median Family Income for OH will drop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Median Family Income for OH will drop

Median Family Income for OH will drop by 261 come 3/15/10.

Yikes

Originally posted by callies View Post
    Median Family Income for OH will drop by 261 come 3/15/10.

Yikes
    You mean for those who have a job?? This is what a Depression does. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Every six months the median income tables are updated.

I expect median incomes to drop regularly so long as Obama and his cronies are running things in Washington.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
        Every six months the median income tables are updated.

I expect median incomes to drop regularly so long as Obama and his cronies are running things in Washington.
        Today, 'Bammy announces his tunnel visioned intent on taking over our freedoms and pushing his so-called health care reform through against most tax payers wishes.

We don't have a health care problem. Everything is relative and we have the best health care in the World. Yes, perhaps expensive, but who makes it so? Tort lawyers, and Government restrictions on over state line sales. In other words they want control and that control is the problem with health care.
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Can we keep the political opinion over on the more general categories, please, in "General Talk" or something?

Comment

Originally posted by mtbc View Post
            Can we keep the political opinion over on the more general categories, please, in "General Talk" or something?
            Why? If it's relevant to the OP's question or concern it seems fine here.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

It makes sense that the median income would drop this year, especially in the industrial midwest. We are in a Depression, and median incomes will drop for most states for the next several years.
              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
                It makes sense that the median income would drop this year, especially in the industrial midwest. We are in a Depression, and median incomes will drop for most states for the next several years.
                My income dropped more than $261 semi-annually since last March. What bothers me is I expect excessive inflation to begin soon and we'll see a huge increase in the cost of living with no increase in income.

Comment

Why? If it's relevant to the OP's question or concern it seems fine here.
                  Well, it's barely relevant (especially the bit about health care reform!) -- it doesn't help, introduce any useful facts, etc. -- it's just tiring to try to focus on the bankruptcy-oriented threads only to keep finding people using them as thinly-veiled excuses for injecting partisan political opinions when they see the chink of a plausible opening; for me, this was something of a straw on the camel's back. It's easy enough to let it pass in the more general categories, I just mostly avoid them.

Maybe it's wishful thinking for me to think that the site categories can usefully separate bankruptcy help from other discusson. I already see so much political discussion in other forums that I guess I wish it woudn't pervade everywhere I look. But perhaps I'm oversensitive to it and alone in much wanting the bankruptcy-specific parts of this site to be more inclusive. I didn't create it, after all.
                  Last edited by mtbc; 02-22-2010, 07:59 AM. Reason: clarify

Comment

My income dropped more than $261 semi-annually since last March. What bothers me is I expect excessive inflation to begin soon and we'll see a huge increase in the cost of living with no increase in income.
                    I totally agree with you Ohiofiler. The standard of living for most middle class families is about to get much worse I am afraid.

Comment

Well, it's barely relevant -- it doesn't help, introduce any useful facts, etc. -- it's just tiring to try to focus on the bankruptcy-oriented threads only to keep finding people using them as thinly-veiled excuses for injecting partisan political opinions when they see the chink of a plausible opening; for me, this was something of a straw on the camel's back. It's easy enough to let it pass in the more general categories, I just mostly avoid them.

Maybe it's wishful thinking for me to think that the site categories can usefully separate bankruptcy help from other discusson. I already see so much political discussion in other forums that I guess I wish it woudn't pervade everywhere I look. But perhaps I'm oversensitive to it and alone in much wanting the bankruptcy-specific parts of this site to be more inclusive. I didn't create it, after all.
                      I think it's important to help readers understand why the numbers used by the bankruptcy courts are changing and what to expect if one is considering delaying filing. Just because you find it unhelpful and tiring doesn't mean everyone else will.

I understand your desire not to read political points in the threads. I find the numerous "I'm discharged" threads less than helpful and typically don't bother reading them. I also skip posts that are difficult to read because of grammar usage. My point is it's easier to skip what we don't like than to try to get everyone to conform to our desires in these public forums.

Comment

And you are seriously suggesting that a useful contribution to answering "why median income is falling" is simply, "because Obama and his cronies are in charge"?

Comment

Oh for Pete's sake...let it go!

Comment

And you are seriously suggesting that a useful contribution to answering "why median income is falling" is simply, "because Obama and his cronies are in charge"?
                            You betcha!

Comment

Originally posted by callies View Post
                              Oh for Pete's sake...let it go!
                              I am sorry your thread got hijacked callies.

I should have refrained from answering any posts not directly relevant, but seriously the small amount the median income went down last year is better than the amounts the median income will probably go down in the next several years.

In keeping to answering your thread, I think that it will be pretty easy for you to cover that $251 with added fuel or food expenses, since prices for both of those categories have gone up this year.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X