Help!!! Schedule I Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!! Schedule I Question

I have a question about what income to use for my husband on Schedule I. He was injured 01/02/10 and had knee surgery. He is scheduled to be out of work until 04/26/10 and is currently only getting short term disability payments. However, he will be going back to work in May at 40 hours a week at his regular pay. So do I use his income RIGHT NOW, or what we will expect him to make after going back to work?

You use his average income from the past six months. Not what you expect him to make.
    Filed: July 31, 2009
    341: September 4, 2009
    60 days: November 3, 2009
    DISCHARGED!: November 6, 2009

Comment

I thought you used the 6 month average previous income on the means test, but schedule I specifically states to use the income you expect now and going forward. So does that mean RIGHT NOW which would be disability amount or does it mean what we expect to be making normally?

Comment

No that would be:

SCHEDULE J - CURRENT EXPENDITURES OF INDIVIDUAL DEBTOR

You would use the 6 month average for SCHEDULE I
        Filed Chapter 7: 06/09/09
        341 Meeting: 07/16/09
        Discharged: 09/21/09
        Case Closed: 09/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by DebtStinks View Post
          No that would be:

SCHEDULE J - CURRENT EXPENDITURES OF INDIVIDUAL DEBTOR

You would use the 6 month average for SCHEDULE I
          Not correct. Schedule I is CURRENT INCOME. not recent average. You are also obliged to indicate any expected changes.

IF I were the OP I would use his STD as his income as there is no certainty he will return to work on 4/26.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
            Not correct. Schedule I is CURRENT INCOME. not recent average. You are also obliged to indicate any expected changes.

IF I were the OP I would use his STD as his income as there is no certainty he will return to work on 4/26.
            Filed Chapter 7: 06/09/09
            341 Meeting: 07/16/09
            Discharged: 09/21/09
            Case Closed: 09/25/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X