Which Appraisal Report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Appraisal Report?

Hello everyone, I have been reading these forums for awhile and thank you all for the wealth of information. My wife and I filed in Florida back in October and had our 341 in December. We had appraisals done by the trustee's appraiser and by an appraiser our atty had us retain. Interestingly, the trustee's appraiser valued our personal belongings at nearly $1,000 less than the report by the appraiser we hired (thx alot, right?). However, her guy appraised our vehicle (that we are keeping) at $1,250.00 higher than our guy. Which appraisal is the governing one? Does the trustee get to choose? I have tried to get an answer from my atty but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Most likely the appraisal paid for by the trustee will carry the most weight with the trustee. That doesn't mean you can't argue your case in front of the judge.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

That was what I thought. However, she is wanting to use the report done by our appraiser. That's why I was wondering if she got to choose.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X