No announcement yet.

Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you i think im worried because we stopped paying them in august and they tried to repo earlier and the lawyer stopped them they just repoed last week which was fine since it was discharged in november but not closed yet. im just not sure of the lingo because our intentions were to keep it but only for fair market value. thanks for everybodys help

Comment

Originally posted by deadmonetree View Post
      thank you i think im worried because we stopped paying them in august and they tried to repo earlier and the lawyer stopped them they just repoed last week which was fine since it was discharged in november but not closed yet. im just not sure of the lingo because our intentions were to keep it but only for fair market value. thanks for everybodys help
      Did you include it in your petition as a debt? If you did, and you did NOT reaffirm, then you owe them nothing. You will have a repo on your credit reports post bk which will give your score a ding, but you are not liable for the debt.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

where do i find that i am looking at my paperwork now...

Comment

where do i find that i am looking at my paperwork now...
          I am sure it is in there.

Look at the page that has a list of creditors. Penfed should be listed.

Comment

there is 2 pages that just has creditors it just looks typed and printed it is not a form it has all our credit cards our motgage letter and penfed is on there it looks like a white peice of paper with them all in a row down the side does that help

Comment

there is 2 pages that just has creditors it just looks typed and printed it is not a form it has all our credit cards our motgage letter and penfed is on there it looks like a white peice of paper with them all in a row down the side does that help
              Penfed was included. You are fine. Penfed would be listed with your secured creditors for the car, and your unsecured creditors if you had a credit card with them. If you look at the total amount of debt that you bk'ed the amount of the car should be in there as well as part of your total.

Comment

Should be schedule D secured creditors
                Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
                "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

yes they are on schedule D and im looking for total amount somewhere in here.

Comment

yes they are on schedule D and im looking for total amount somewhere in here.
                    If they are listed under Schedule D, secured creditors, then the car was included and you are fine.

Comment

are you positive? cuz if you are i can breathe again! thanks

Comment

are you positive? cuz if you are i can breathe again! thanks
                        Yes, I am positive that if PenFed is listed on your schedule D as a secured creditor, and the amount of your car loan is reflected in your total on your bankruptcy petition, then the car was included in your bankruptcy, and you will not be liable for the deficiency from their auction of the car.

Comment

where do i find the total amount bk'd on thanks sorry for so many questions
                          Last edited by deadmonetree; 02-06-2010, 01:21 PM.

Comment

where do i find the total amount bk'd on thanks sorry for so many questions
                            One place it would be is on the trustee's Report of No Distribution following your 341. Otherwise your Summary of Schedules would have the total. Schedule D should show the value of the vehicle, the amount of the loan and the unsecured amount.

The total under "Amount of Claim" should have been your loan balance on the date of filing. This is the amount that was discharged for that creditor on your vehicle.
                            Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

thank you on the schedule d it does say the loan amount and the amount over the value i looked through all my paperwork and went through all the documents on pacer that sounded relevant and for the life of me i cannot find a total amount i know our mortgage is on the schedule d and even though our mortgage is current every month they send us a bill saying we dont owe anything we dont have to pay (of course if we dont want to live here) thanks for all your help everybody

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X