top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule J Question: "Lump Sum" Dental Work Prorated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedule J Question: "Lump Sum" Dental Work Prorated?

I am still struggling with Schedule J, insofar as I am trying to minimize the difference between Schedules I and J, of course.

My father paid $1,500 or so for his false teeth just 2 months ago, so I am wondering if you can take 1,500/12 and place that in the 'medical and dental' line, or if you just record ongoing expenditures on Schedule J?

There was also $1,200 in car repair expenses, so grappling with that expenditure, too...not sure I can /12 and add it to the ongoing monthly car/transportation figure.

I think I found my answer: "current and future expenses," right?

...meaning these outlays for previous dental and car repair are a no-go?

The filer won't be buying teeth again, but if the past is any indication of the future, there is a chance that $1,200 in car repairs could come up again on the old car.

I just want to do this right and not put in expenses that shouldn't be listed on Schedule J.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
      I think I found my answer: "current and future expenses," right?

...meaning these outlays for previous dental and car repair are a no-go?

The filer won't be buying teeth again, but if the past is any indication of the future, there is a chance that $1,200 in car repairs could come up again on the old car.

I just want to do this right and not put in expenses that shouldn't be listed on Schedule J.
      There are certain dental and auto related expenses that are ongoing. You can include them on your budget.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X