Questions the trustee will ask me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions the trustee will ask me?

My attorney is just about to file Ch 7 for me in California. I have about $49,000
    in real property of my personal residence( homesteaded and exempt) and about $7000 in personal property(also exempt). I had no income last year other than social security and a small pension. My disabled girlfriend( is not filing bk with me) is on SSI. My reason for filing BK is mostly business debt with about $50,000 and another $25,000 in credit card debt. Also I have about $300 a month negative cash flow still going on. I have no credit card purchases in the last 90 days and have reduced my spending to almost my income of about $567
    a month and sometimes my sister or brother will loan me $300 a month until I can find a temporary, seasonal or part-time job. My question is: how many and what kind of questions are they going to ask me at the first BK ch 7 hearing? Will my attorney tell me what questions are going to be asked and how I should answer them?

This forum sticky can probably answer your questions.

Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Originally posted by Gracious View Post
      My attorney is just about to file Ch 7 for me in California. I have about $49,000
      in real property of my personal residence( homesteaded and exempt) and about $7000 in personal property(also exempt). I had no income last year other than social security and a small pension. My disabled girlfriend( is not filing bk with me) is on SSI. My reason for filing BK is mostly business debt with about $50,000 and another $25,000 in credit card debt. Also I have about $300 a month negative cash flow still going on. I have no credit card purchases in the last 90 days and have reduced my spending to almost my income of about $567
      a month and sometimes my sister or brother will loan me $300 a month until I can find a temporary, seasonal or part-time job. [B] My question is: how many and what kind of questions are they going to ask me at the first BK ch 7 hearing? Will my attorney tell me what questions are going to be asked and how I should answer them?[/B]
      The only way to answer them is honestly.
      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X