Adding additional creditors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding additional creditors

Will adding additional creditors after filing hurt or extend your case?

Are these debts you just forgot or debts you just incurred?

Comment

Originally posted by cinderella View Post
      Will adding additional creditors after filing hurt or extend your case?
      No. You are simply amending your schedules. The court charges a one-time fee of around $26.00 for filing ammendments, be it one, or a hundred. Some attorneys will charge if you forgot, but if THEY forgot, then they need to eat it.

Your case could be if you are determined to be an Asset case, then the deadline for Creditor Objections can be extended, or a prefferential or insider payment was discoverd.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Inpara View Post
        Are these debts you just forgot or debts you just incurred?
        These should only be debts you forgot or overlooked. If you have incurred any new debts AFTER you file, then no, you cannot add them.

If you are UNSURE of a debt, such as charges stemming from a medical proceedure that happened BEFORE you filed, then list that probable debt and for the amount, put in a 'placeholder' of $1.00. This is what our attorney did with the medical bills stemming from a fall I had, and a skil-saw accident that my 'Hub, had. Since we had no idea what the final billing would be after the insurance company finished their processes. We filed 12/28/2007. My accident was in August, and 'Hub's accident was in November.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X