a couple of quick questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a couple of quick questions

I hope this is the right area, if not, please feel free to move it.
    My wife and I are going to file chapter 7, as soon as we come up with the attorney fees.
    We plan to leave the house with the ch. 7. My first question is, approximately how long would it be before we have to move out of the house? We started looking around a little to see what is out there to move to. We found a condo that would be great (do not know if we can lease it yet), but should we try and get into it now or wait longer?
    We have two older vehicles, that would probably be spared, but was curious what the general consesus is about taking a small loan on one to pay the attorney fees?
    Any insight or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

If you intend to surrender the house, please research your State's foreclosure process. While your house will be included in BK on your credit report, your mortgage lender needs to move through the standard foreclosure process dictated by State laws. Filing BK can temporarily halt the foreclosure process- buying you time in the property and the ability to save money. In my case, I stopped paying my mortgage in July. I filed in September, had my 341 last week, and I'm waiting for my mortgage lender to file a motion to lift the Automatic Stay. Once this has been completed, my mortgage lender will continue the non-judicial foreclosure process. My lender will need to follow Michigan publication and redemption laws. I suspect I have, at least, another seven months of rent-free living.

While it's beneficial to understand local cost and availability of rental properties, it's best to weigh your options and finances. I wouldn't want you to move out prematurely...especially if your house is livable and you can save money.
    *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

Thanks No Worries.

Comment

Do you think getting a loan on your vehicle is possible? What type of debt do you have and have you stopped paying your unsecured creditors?
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I have not paid most unsecured creditors for a little while, I am talking about some of these places that will give you a loan, as long as you have title in hand (honestly probably higher interest, but wanting to get into and through the bk).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X