Repo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repo question

How long does it normally take for them to come take your car after you stop making the payments?

Also, if you let your car get repod then file a couple months later... does the BK take care of the repo or does it look worse in the end??

Thanks in advance

That's like predicting the future. It varies. I called the company to drive it there and within a week the pick up occurred all friendly and nice. Gave the keys, got a receipt, took pictures of the car in and out.

The bk will take care of the deficiency as your loan is no longer secured. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I stopped paying my last payment 5/1 and I filed 6/9, discharged 9/21 and they picked it up 10/21. So for me, almost 5 1/2 months.

Comment

Repossession

I stopped paying about 80 days ago and just called them to come pick it up. Friendly and courteous. No problems. My lawyer told me the deficiency would be taken care of in the bankruptcy.
        Filed 11/6/2009
        341-12/14/2009
        Last day for objections-2/12/1010

Comment

The BK will clear the deficiency. How long it takes them to get the car is another story. It really depends on how far behind you are and how aggressive they want to be.
          4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
          5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
          7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
          7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X