Filing today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing today

Well our petition gets filed today. Its rather anticlimactic really. We signed papers the other day. I am caught between wanting to laugh and wanting to cry. I will tell you though that after going through this I would have rather filed a chp 13 long ago and paid my creditors back 100% of the principal balance of my accounts. I would have felt better about it. I was advised by my attny however that with my lack of disposable income I would not be able to qualify for 13. I feel the creditors would probably be money ahead if they would work with you when you have a sudden job loss or other issue. You would think it would be in their best interest to defer payments to the end of the loan with out adding all the bs late fees and interest rate hikes..................but this is the attitude I received

So I guess I will learn from this mistake and move on, I am only sad that others who have the means will have to be burdened to make up for what I cant pay........................................
    Discharged 1-25-10

Good luck!

It's not like you tried to screw them over, and it sounds like you really don't have the spare money to be giving them anyway. They knew there was some risk when you borrowed; it's just a business transaction to them.

I figure it's their own fault for not being more willing to work with people. I wrote to mortgage and credit card people a few times laying things out and pointing out that they held pretty much nothing over me and suggesting that it was to their advantage to work something out, but I never even got the sense that they'd really read anything I wrote. If they'd actually been willing to talk over the past few years, their legal fees would have been much lower and I wouldn't be filing ch. 7 to discharge my debts completely with them now. So don't feel too bad.

Comment

You did the responsible thing with a filing. It is an option being exercised by many in the past and will be in the future. Your creditors are benefiting as well, they not longer have to spend money trying to collect. Best to you and your family.
      Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
      Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
      341 Meeting 01/05/2009
      Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X