Ok have retained ATTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok have retained ATTY

I am so relieved, I have got an atty to help me, did the certification, got copies of tax returns and even signed paperwork then, so I don't have to drive the 30 miles to her. I have sent money to her to get it rolling and am still, having trouble with a company called "Nathan & Nathan".

When I gave her my creditors, she knew this one well. Well after about a week and a half, I still get calls from them, so I emailed my Law office, she sent back this email.

"You have sent us money as a retainer, so feel free to give them our name and number. Tell them you have retained a lawyer. Once you tell them this they cannot call you or they will be in violation of the Fair Debt Colltction Practices Act"

So today I call them and let them know the information, this pompus Jack XXX says, your Attorney needs to call us if you don't have a case number, and let me remind you, I think that was shortly before the click ( I hung up) I was told not to discuss my case with any creditor.

I hope I see a light, if not GE needs to change that light bulb...

Bravo for taking the initiative in calling them. If they call again make sure to tell them they are being recorded
    7-2-2009 Filed
    8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
    10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

Man oh man, I wish I had found this forum sooner than I did. When, prior to filing, I told creditors I had retained an attorney, they pretty much said "Tough. Until you can give us a case number we'll keep calling." And they did.

Comment

hi hopelost, you are going to have to change your user name to "hopefound".
        best to you, and glad you have a responsive lawyer.
        Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
        Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
        341 Meeting 01/05/2009
        Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

Flowers, and the rest that have posted....If it were not for us being in the same boat... I would be sailing alone.....but WE are not...

Remember this my friends.... "we sail by ourselves, we are a mudjumper, we sail together we are a Cruise lines" We have each other for comfort and I am glad I have y'all!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X