I am SOOO upset...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SOOO upset...

We were due to be discharged on the 14th...two short days away ...

then I check pacer this morning and see that our attorney has asked for 30 more days so he can get the liens against our home taken care of

I'm pretty upset that he dragged his feet for nearly 60 days, which in the end, caused us to have to ask for 30 more days.

So, if the judge grants the extension, we're looking at Nov.9th for our new discharge date. It was filed on the 8th, but the judge has yet to grant it... I'm assuming it will be granted tho .... and I guess if he doesn't then the liens against our home will stick and we will be asking for our $$ back that we paid our attorney to take care of this for us...

what a let down....
    Filed 8/2009
    Discharged & Closed 11/2009
    Now the rebuilding begins....

I feel for you Mom2three09. I am scheduled to be discharged in 3 weeks, but the trustee has not filed a report of no distribution yet, so I am expecting some sort of last minute delay like you just received, while my trustee decides what assets if any I have (like my next year tax return...) .

You will be discharged though. These extra 30 days are just administrative it sounds like.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I'm sorry to hear of your last minute disappointment. We got our AP (filed by my enemy) two days before the 60 days. It was done that way on purpose in his mean way.

I think that after your discharge, he could have cleared the liens anyway. Not being a lawyer, your bk does have power.

We waited almost six months until I called the Courthouse and all they were waiting on is a copy of our marriage license. No one told us. I emailed this to my lawyer and that afternoon, I was discharged. Seems like a good lawyer is an oxymoron. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
        I'm sorry to hear of your last minute disappointment. We got our AP (filed by my enemy) two days before the 60 days. It was done that way on purpose in his mean way.

I think that after your discharge, he could have cleared the liens anyway. Not being a lawyer, your bk does have power.

We waited almost six months until I called the Courthouse and all they were waiting on is a copy of our marriage license. No one told us. I emailed this to my lawyer and that afternoon, I was discharged. Seems like a good lawyer is an oxymoron. 'Hub
        This is what I was wondering too. Looks like all he needs to do is file something with the court to have the judgments vacated. I think others have said that it needs to be done before discharge, so maybe the 30 day extension is what's needed, but it's sure not what we would have wanted
        Filed 8/2009
        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

I understand this "mom", and perhaps 'Justbroke" can chime in on this. He is sharp and knows how to dig into the law. Do a search here for similar situations as well as bk law and liens. Don't worry, the Hamster grandchildren will be grown up by then and you too will get your victory dance. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Patience is a virtue. 30 days isn't that far away.
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              Patience is a virtue. 30 days isn't that far away.
              Hey Ohio, if so, after going through our lawyer, I would have wings and halo. Six months of non action and I had to close my case by calling and giving them a document. NO ONE told us about such a simple thing. I am running up PACER costs every day checking for closed. 16 months since discharge. 'Hub

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                Hey Ohio, if so, after going through our lawyer, I would have wings and halo. Six months of non action and I had to close my case by calling and giving them a document. NO ONE told us about such a simple thing. I am running up PACER costs every day checking for closed. 16 months since discharge. 'Hub
                You are an angel friend! It's right in your name.
                Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X