top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Please? Can't pay Minimum anymore! Need Advise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2manybills - My Min payments for the Airline CC's are : $181 & $96 respectively.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseBites View Post
      2manybills - My Min payments for the Airline CC's are : $181 & $96 respectively.
      Nothing to worry about. They are looking for payments in excess of $600. I did a BT on my Discover Card in December,2008 (from one bank to another) and I paid them right up to the month that we filed. We didn't hear a word. So I had 6 months of payments in there.

I didn't see an answer to my earlier question, were these for business travel or personal travel?
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

2manybills - The Min Payments on the airline ticket CC's are: $181 & $96 per month

Comment

Personal, not business.

Comment

Originally posted by ChaseBites View Post
            Personal, not business.
            I still think you will be okay by the time you file.
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Make a "minimum payment" not THE minimum. Send them $30 for a couple months.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Looks like I did take a few cash advances from several different cards. How long should I wait before stopping payments on those?

Comment

My recommendation is put the cards away and don't make any more payments except I would send a $20 payment on the airline tickets for a few more months. Let all calls go to an answering machine and do not talk with any collector. If you receive a written demand, deny the bill and request vallidation of each charge. Just buy as much time as needed. And last, save your money for attorney fees and filing. Best wishes.
                    Filed Ch7 5/28/09 (Pro Se) Orlando, 341 7/01, UST selected case for audit 7/01, Last day for objection 8/31. Audit report filed 9/10, no material misstatements. Discharged and closed 9/22/2009

Comment

I'm curious about this situation. I had a purchase on one of my credit cards of $1k in June and one in July of $500. This was not for a luxury item, but to help one of my kids in a legal issue. I made my June payment and my July payment, but stopped paying in August. I honestly had no intention of filing for BK even then. It was in August that I finally admitted to myself that I couldn't rob Peter to pay Paul any longer and contacted an atty in September.
                      Are these two purchases going to be a problem if I file in December/January?

Thanks!

Comment

Covinian - Did anyone reply to you with suggestions yet?

Comment

nope. I figure i'm just going to take my chances. I stopped paying the cc in August and when they called gave them my atty name/number. I think it would seem strange now to start making payments on it again. I don't know. I am very stressed about all of this and keep thinking of different situations that could happen.

Comment

I'm new to the forumand I have similar concerns as covinian. I'm going to post a new thread titled 90/70 - questionable charges. Maybe those experienced can respond to us in there. Thanks in advance and good luck all!!!
                            Stopped paying CC: September 2009 ; Retained attorney: 9/9/2009; Filed Chap 7: January 18, 2010; 341 Meeting: March 9, 2010; Discharged and Closed: April 29, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X