top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small unsecured Creditors still harrassing me ? Filing suits ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small unsecured Creditors still harrassing me ? Filing suits ?

Well I need some insight.
    I have filed bankruptcy and have multiple small unsecured creditors.
    For some reason my few large creditors are now totally leaving me alone, but the individual creditors continue to contact me and bother me.

Sending me certified mail, email, calling me and now I got notice of a two small claims court cases filed this week.

WTH ?

What is the best way to get them to understand the bankruptcy process and have them leave me the heck alone ?
    I even have not one, but TWO lawyer friends who are more than happy to field the calls from these people; but even that doesn't keep them at abeyance.

Thoughts ?

Originally posted by bellee View Post
    Well I need some insight.
    I have filed bankruptcy and have multiple small unsecured creditors.
    For some reason my few large creditors are now totally leaving me alone, but the individual creditors continue to contact me and bother me.

Sending me certified mail, email, calling me and now I got notice of a two small claims court cases filed this week.

WTH ?

What is the best way to get them to understand the bankruptcy process and have them leave me the heck alone ?
    I even have not one, but TWO lawyer friends who are more than happy to field the calls from these people; but even that doesn't keep them at abeyance.

Thoughts ?
    If you have filed for bankruptcy, then these small creditors are violating the automatic stay, and your attorney can file charges against them which could result in $1000 fine to them.

I would have your attorney send them a letter reminding them that they are violating the automatic stay and that they can be fined. The lawsuits can be dismissed if you already filed for bankruptcy. Have your attorney send a letter with your case number to the court and the small claims court cases will be dismissed.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
      If you have filed for bankruptcy, then these small creditors are violating the automatic stay, and your attorney can file charges against them which could result in $1000 fine to them.

I would have your attorney send them a letter reminding them that they are violating the automatic stay and that they can be fined. The lawsuits can be dismissed if you already filed for bankruptcy. Have your attorney send a letter with your case number to the court and the small claims court cases will be dismissed.
      Thanks!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X