top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strategy meeting with attorney and we file April 1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy meeting with attorney and we file April 1!

We decided to get through the winter since my hubby has seasonal work and there is no reasonable cash exemption in Colorado so we would lose our savings that we need for winter when his work drops off and don't want to have no resources for winter. We also need to wait for the rest of the hospital bills to trickle in from my son's ICU stay after a skull fracture this summer (he is okay now except for seizures so we have some follow up and such) and the insurance only pays 80% so we will have a significatn amount we owe, even with the secondary accident coverage and the attorney said we HAVE to include anything that doesn't get covered by insurance so we don't have preferential payments (not happy about that as I would pay it but oh well, of course the rest of the bills are medical in some form or fashion too).

So after talking to the attorney, and being "scolded" once again about living a little and not hoarding away money they will take away from us..... which we really have not yet figured out how to do but will use some with a move, we are on track for filing in the spring.

However, I am a little concerned about my income. I have been presented with the option to work for a company that seems like a really good deal and a lot more consistent work instead of the up and down income I have had for years, but they want me to start right away. I am a little concerned about that as I have the potential of making a LOT more money with them and don't want the income going up to be a bad sign, but then DH income goes down in winter...what would you all suggest with that? I could ask them if I could start in the spring with them but don't want to opportunity to go away before I grab it.

There are so many unknowns but it is such a relief to know we can finally get out of this!

Take the job! You are in survival mode now....don't pass up a good job offer.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I agree with StartingOver--take the job. It is a good opportunity for you, and you will have plenty of time for the income trail with DH's up and down income to even out for an April filing.

Good luck to you!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I vote on taking the job offer, who know when one will come along like this again (especially in THIS economy). Remember you can still be above the medain and file a ch 7...it's all about your numbers....

Good Luck!
        May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
        May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
        May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
        9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

If you can get a good job in this economy, you should jump all over it. They are hard to find.
          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X