Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Timeline For 7 from 13 process

Hello,

I just had my confirmation hearing and two days later my employers laid me off. I got the motion to dismiss the 13 with very easy to fix (two bank statements and one affidavit of support) issues to get it confirmed, the date for that is 10/8

I'm meeting tomorrow with my lawyer's office, but just kinda wanted to know what to expect.

I've paid my lawyers a $1500 filing fee for the 13 with the remainder rolled into the 13. If I convert to a 7- what is likely to happen with lawyer's fees?

Also- do we have to start over for the 7, or will it just be an issue of submitting my proof I was laid off through no fault of my own and asking for the conversion?

I can make the 13 payment this month (although I will probably be very, very tight until the unemployment kicks in and once on that, I will not be able to handle a 13 payment). I would prefer to be employed ASAP but I'm afraid to commit to the 13 without knowing my future. Also, my unemployment should be enough to get by while I look for a better job than the one I left as opposed to just taking whatever comes.

The only reason I had to file a 13 was because of IRS debt, which is bad but not so bad that I would not be able to handle an IRS payment once I was appropriately employed.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X