rooms to go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rooms to go

My wife and I met with a BK attorney's paralegal the other day, she said we had to either reaffirm our rooms to go or they would come and get the furniture. We have been unable to pay most of our credit cards for over a year and all of our credit cards for the past 90 days. We even tried a debt relief program, which didnt work. What I want to know is whether the paralegal was telling the truth or what, will rooms to go come get our furniture if we include it and dont reaffirm it? We are still trying to come up with the $1500 it takes to file CH7, so its gonna be probably a couple more months before we can file.

I would think that once filed, the automatic stay will stop for a time, the repo. They have to lift that stay to repo and it just may be too much trouble.

Look, we furnished a whole apartment from dumpsters. Check the green dumpsters near particularly colleges and other apartment buildings. The last of the month is prime for moving out and many people. dump good stuff.

BTW welcome to the Forum. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I am not positive but I am sure if you use RTG financing that they include a secured by goods statement in the langauge of the contract. You will just have to wait and see what your options are once you file.
      New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

Originally posted by LSUTiger32 View Post
        I am not positive but I am sure if you use RTG financing that they include a secured by goods statement in the langauge of the contract. You will just have to wait and see what your options are once you file.
        what if they do have the secured by goods thing. what is the likelihood of them coming for the stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by firemedic View Post
          what if they do have the secured by goods thing. what is the likelihood of them coming for the stuff?
          Most retailers or creditors will not try to repossess stuff like furniture. It most likely would cost more to repo it than it's worth.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Unfortunately,
            Rooms to Go is like some of the other companies where you rent OR rent to own....furniture, appliances, tv's.
            If you don't pay for it - they will come and get it after the stay is lifted.
            So if you want the furniture you will have to reaffirm it or surrender it IF they come after it.
            So be prepared to give it up if your not going to pay for it. Most are sold on a secured note giving them the right to pick it up.
            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

RTG is actually financed by Citifinancial (I think that is how it is on my credit report.)

I bought a couch a year before I filed and paid on it for the past year. I did not reaffirm nor have they pursued trying to take the furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
                RTG is actually financed by Citifinancial (I think that is how it is on my credit report.)

I bought a couch a year before I filed and paid on it for the past year. I did not reaffirm nor have they pursued trying to take the furniture.
                We filed on our Ashley Furniture account (also thru Citifinancial) and never heard a peep from them.
                Filed 8/2009
                Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X