top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious - what type of car do you drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are driving a 8 year old 2 door Hyundai & a 17 year old small Pickup truck. Both are in excellent running condition and paid for. Spouse is a DIY car maintenance type so we save tons of money keeping up with the maintenance.

Comment

A 2009 Toyota Corrolla LE. Bought it in March. I'm very disappointed actually as up till last year I had a 2008 Acura TSX (bought 08 in 07) but I had to sell it because I moved overseas. If I had known I'd be coming back here I would have kept it. I loved that car.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

The Corolla isn't as luxurious as that Acura was but it gets better MPG and it has cheaper fees for us anyway on a plate!
        After losing our home and our RV and everything we had worked for for so many years we are just glad that we can afford and still have a reliable car at this point.

Comment

My BAC ( Big Ass Car) is a '99 Expedition bout to turn 200,000 miles on it any day. I drive a 142 mile commute to work at 12 MPG. It is complete Cash for Clunkers fodder, except..... I can't get freakin financed cuz my credit is crap.

Hopin someone will bash it in a parking lot, leave a note with their insurance details and still hope it runs so I can drive it in and trade in for the CFC deal and then get a new car!

Well, that's my plan, so if any of you are in the area and would like to oblige hitting my car and doing about 4000.00 damage ( you will probably have to do a nice side swipe and make sure you get some good dentage down one whole side of the body)-just be sure to leave the tires intact, so I can drive it in for the rebate), then I would get 4500 CFC + 4000.00 insurance money and then I could probably qualify to finance the rest on a new Hyundai or similar

Even with a 250.00 car payment I would still save about 250 everymonth with the gas savings ( I work 7 days/week) So I am spending over 800.00 on dumb old gasoline.

Sadly, I can't even get a door ding, darn bad luck!

I am thinking maybe if I frequent some nursing homes, park it in their lot, some elderly driver might just smash into it! ( just kidding, I would never want anyone to do that and be possibly hurt, )

I must say, I am shocked that big old mo fo still runs, a Ford near 200,000 miles? Freaking miracle!

I should probably shut up, I am going to jinx myself.

Comment

When I filed CH7 back in February I had a 2006 Saturn Ion with 40k miles on it, which I reaffirmed (I put quite a bit down when I bought it back in 2005 so it was worth about $4k more than what I owed on it). I loved the car with only one exception: it was a HORRIBLE winter vehicle. And, when I say horrible, I mean scary dangerous horrible.

I moved into a new apartment last month and am now farther away from work - I pretty much doubled my commute. I knew when I made the decision to move that I'd need a different vehicle. So, the week before I moved I traded in my '06 Saturn for a '06 Mercury Mariner (AWD) with 90k miles on it and paid cash for the difference (paying off the Saturn).

I absolutely LOVE my Mariner! I can't wait to drive it in the snow because I've never had a good winter vehicle with AWD. Most of all, though, I love that I paid cash for it and that I have a great vehicle and no payment!
            CH7 Filed 2/26/2009 (no asset)
            341 Meeting 4/7/2009
            Discharged 7/10/2009
            Closed 7/28/2009

Comment

We have a 2004 Chrysler 300m with 26,000 miles - have five payments left of $661.00 each. We also have a 1993 Astro van with 80,000 miles which is paid for.
              07/24/09 -- Filed Chapter 7
              09/22/09 -- 341 Meeting
              09/25/09 -- Pacer States "No Assets"
              11/25/09 --DISCHARGED!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone for sharing. Hubby and I talked about it tonight and we decided that I'm going to keep the new Saturn and do a ride through (recommended by our attorney as well) and then in the spring take care of Hub's vehicle.

Our goal is not to incur new debt and if I let the Saturn go and buy another vehicle, that's not much of a fresh start.

This site is great and I am so glad I found it!!!
                Filed: 8-19-09
                341: 9-21-09
                Notice of Discharge: 11-28-09

Comment

2000 Toyota Tundra
                  Filing: 4/10/2009, 341: 5/18/2009
                  Last day for objections: 7/17/2009
                  Discharge: 7/29/2009

Comment

Pre bk, I drove a 1995 Toyota 4runner (loved that truck!) and my husband drove a 2007 Hyundai. Since the 4runner had over 240k miles on it (ran perfectly), our attorney advised us to trade it in and get a reliable car before we filed bk (ch 13 at the time), we did....and boy do I regret getting rid of my Truck!!! Now we have 2 small commuter cars which save a lot on gas, but I'd really like to get into a small SUV again....

P.S. The new car is a Honda Civic LE
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

We have a 2002 Mazda Protege 5 with 60,000 miles and a 2004 Nissan Quest SL van with 50,000 miles. We paid cash for both of them in far better days! :-) I am buying the Nissan back from the Trustee as we have dogs and they often go with us. I am surrendering the Mazda to the Trustee and we will make do with one car. Chapter 13 was not an option due both being on social security now and both without other income at this time. I filed alone as all the assets and all the liabilities are mine. No more credit for this family......................

Comment

I drive an 06 Hyundai Sonata that the BK court gave me permission to incur this debt while I'm in my Ch 13. I really love this car.
                        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

99 Pontiac Grand Am GT - 150000 mles
                          93 Buick Regal - 190000 miles

Both run good. Both have no payment.

The wife and I would really love to get an SUV though... perhaps in a couple years. We don't wish to finance.

Comment

Pre-BK, I drove a 2002 Subaru Impreza Wagon, which I loved (great in the snow!). Alas, the bank loved it too, and took it back when I fell behind payments after my small business failed. That was actually the last straw that got me to file. Somebody bought it at auction for $3200! I hope somebody is out there enjoying it, at least.

Now I own a 1994 Toyota Celica I bought from a coworker for $1800. It has 199,400 miles on it (!) but it is reliable, runs well, is economical on fuel, and everything works on it including the $600 sound system he installed!

Comment

prior: 2004 bmw m3
                              post: ? still shopping around for that perfect under $3,000 car. Probably a Nissan Maxima SE 5speed or a Toyota Camry SE/CE-V6 5speed or a Mazda 626 LX/ES-V6 5speed
                              Filed 09/18/2009
                              341 10/16/2009
                              Last day to object 12/15/2009

Comment

Originally posted by bxphae View Post
                                prior: 2004 bmw m3
                                post: ? still shopping around for that perfect under $3,000 car. Probably a Nissan Maxima SE 5speed or a Toyota Camry SE/CE-V6 5speed or a Mazda 626 LX/ES-V6 5speed
                                Giving that up had to hurt.
                                Filed July 7,2009
                                341 August 24,2009 (completed)
                                Discharged 10-28-09(Thank You Lord.)
                                Case closed 10-29-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X