No announcement yet.

Chpt 7 Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you must do it again, use the 12 months planning time wisely. Not only should you plan your bk, you should have a plan for life thereafter.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Yes i have learned more this time around i dont want any cc cards and when i do one only in a couple of years lucky i have a stable job with retirment after all this is over,i think i can pay all this for a few more monthes try and get to 6 monthes out. Wifes job over in a few monthes then i will be forced to stop paying i am truly blessed to not be totally down and out sure we will be ok glad to see this forum sure helps people to learn lots of people in same shape

Comment

I just filed for the second time in June and had my 341 in July and I have a house. Thought I was going to have to do the chapt 13 last year, but coasted along until I could qualify again for a chapt 7, which I did in March. I was only $22 above the median in NY state.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Comment

Did you see attorny a few monthes before 8 yr period or wait till time was past 8 years i would like to touch bases maybe 4 monthes before and file 1 month past 8 yrs last filling is this doable at all or will this be to soon

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
            I just filed for the second time in June and had my 341 in July and I have a house. Thought I was going to have to do the chapt 13 last year, but coasted along until I could qualify again for a chapt 7, which I did in March. I was only $22 above the median in NY state.

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
            I meant to say, that I was only $22 below the median for NY state.

Comment

Originally posted by jam View Post
              Did you see attorny a few monthes before 8 yr period or wait till time was past 8 years i would like to touch bases maybe 4 monthes before and file 1 month past 8 yrs last filling is this doable at all or will this be to soon

I went to see him 6.5 years after my first BK, seriously looking to do a Chapt 13. He said I could do either one, up to me if I wanted to wait until the 8 year mark for a chapt 7. I didn't think I would qualify for a 7 because of the equity in my house, but I was just under the $50,000 equity so I did qualify. I went to his office again, about a month before the 8 year mark and started to make payments and get all my information together. Then I had to wait a couple of months so my income would be under the median for NY, so I didn't actually file until June 10 and my 341 was 7/17.

Comment

Ok thats good news. Now i will float the ccards for a few more monthes at 6 monthes out i can begin to get my life back thanks for your reply have a good day

Comment

Looks like cc cards are getting more aggresive hope i can get through 6 monthes of not paying

Comment

11 monthes to go now bills are now more than income hope to keep up on payments a few more monthes i think cc card companies are trying to get judments a lot sooner these days than a few years back may stop paying at 9 months out hope for the best

Comment

Originally posted by jam View Post
                      DUE TO BAD FINANCES AND CC USES HOUSE LOANS IM DOWN AND IN TO DEEP AGAIN FROM JUST TRYING TO MAKE IT DAY TO DAY FILED IN SEPT 02 INCOME 36,000 A YEAR FOR ME AND SPOUSE 140,000 OWED ON HOUSE THATS WORTH 75,000 ON A GOOD DAY 45,000 IN CC AND MOTORCYCLE LOANS WHAT A MESS CANT FILE TILL 12 MONTHES FROM NOW ANY ONE FILLED A SECOND TIME AND HOW HARD IS IT TO DO
                      I am a second timer too. First time due to divorce and this time due to too much credit. Learned from it though. You won't see me with an unsecured credit card again.

The hardest part is locating an attorney who is familiar with the laws concerning back-to-back filers (as opposed to frequent fliers, I suppose ). There is a thread that I started asking about the specific dates between filings for chapter 7 for those of who need another fresh start. Some good responses there.

BTW, according my attorney and posts here, you can file for another ch 7 after 8 years from the filing date of your first. I see from your post that you know that, but many attorneys in my district are divided on the subject. Some insisted on waiting to file until the date of discharge from the first bk in order to be "safe" for discharge. Others wanted me to wait an additional 60 days from the filing date to refile.

Soooo, be forewarned that you might run up against different interpretations of the law for second time filings when you interview attorneys. I interviewed one guy who plain didn't know. I waited 45 minutes for him to research the topic during my initial free consulation! Didn't instill much confidence. I am going with an atty who has recently completed a ch 7 for another back-to-backer.

Good luck. You aren't alone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X