top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to say when the calls start coming . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 48adam22 View Post
    Wow, the phone calls I wanted to kick some butt. After a while it was getting kinda funny and I started asking them questions like,,, do you like men ??? ,,,,, do you like men that shave their head bald ?? If I came over to your house would you make me dinner ?? I also would answer the phone, and just start in by pretending to be ordering a pizza. The ones that would call me on a Sunday at 7 am, I would call the # right back, and chew them out for waking me up before hanging up on them loudly.

I filed Chpt 7 two days ago,,,,, strange, no calls today. I'm bored Maybe i'll start calling them and bug them
    LOL! that's inventive, ordering pizza from a CA.

[btw, you should take down names of judge/trustee from your signature - names are supposed to be left out on this forum]
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I have not paid a cc bill in 2.5 years! Now I dont reccomend waiting that long because they have started to sue me but I certainly would wait as long as possible. I let my phone go and happened to get a new cell phone because my old one was company issued and I lost my job. It was nice to not have to deal with the calls.

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
        why?
        Well, if the call have become unbearable for them and, for whatever reason we can file just yet, it's an easy, inexpensive way for them to keep some sort of phone service but yet avoid collection calls until we can get the case filed.
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I removed the names in my Signature,,, thanks for the info i'm still learning.
          08/ 3/09 - Filed Chapter 7 IN PRO SE, Central CA
          09/21/09-341 Meeting, 10/28/09-Financial Mgt class
          11/02/09 - Filed Form B23, may close on 11/20/09
          12/03/09 - Received Notice of Discharge of Debtor

Comment

Why Lie. Let them know you are planning on filing Bankruptcy. Give them your lawyers information and the calls will stop. The second that we knew we were going to file. We started telling the creditors that we were filing, what chapter and gave them our lawyers phone number.

They stopped. It was 6 months until we filed. Our lawyer said they would get the occasional phone call but they never contacted me again.

Comment

Why not do a Cease and desist letter, if you no longer wish to communicate by phone only contact you by mail?

Comment

From what I understand. In some cases a cease and desist letter automatically triggers a lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
                  Well, if the call have become unbearable for them and, for whatever reason we can file just yet, it's an easy, inexpensive way for them to keep some sort of phone service but yet avoid collection calls until we can get the case filed.
                  oh, i see. i just wondered whether there was something you didn't want your clients to say on the phone with a collector.
                  filed ch7 May 09
                  341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by KatInVa View Post
                    Why not do a Cease and desist letter, if you no longer wish to communicate by phone only contact you by mail?
                    Lots of times, especially in the case of medical bills, it's the actual creditor calling, not a debt collector on behalf of the creditor. So the FDCPA doesn't apply. They can continue to call as long as they are trying to collect their own debt.
                    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

We stopped paying. Put a down payment to secure our attorney. I then created this script for my wife who would get nervous if they called. I didn't get any calls. The most they wanted to know was what chapter I was filing.The goal with threating to record was to get the other person on the other side of the phone to do their job and key me in the system. Never recorded one call.

Comment

Originally posted by Mi Bankruptcy View Post
                        We stopped paying. Put a down payment to secure our attorney. I then created this script for my wife who would get nervous if they called. I didn't get any calls. The most they wanted to know was what chapter I was filing.The goal with threating to record was to get the other person on the other side of the phone to do their job and key me in the system. Never recorded one call.

Hello,

May I ask who is calling (if they don’t tell you who is calling ask the question again) This phone call is being recorded if you do not wish to be recorded please hang up now.

This is Mr. or Mrs. I am currently filing for Bankruptcy if you believe I owe you a debt you will have to contact my attorney for further information.

Would you like my attorneys name and contact information?

If they harass you your reply is:

My attorney can answer your question would you like his/her name and contact information?

Since you do not wish to contact my attorney regarding your question I must terminate this call. Have a Nice Day (Hang Up)
                        This is Sweet!!! I bet most of them don't like to know they are being recorded. Nice Job!

Comment

Thanks.. with the script you don't admit debt or anything.
                          The script places the responsiblity back on the creditor. The creditor will ask you what chapter you are filing... " ie." my attorney can answer that question would like their phone number"

In Michigan both sides have to agree to being recorded. That is why I placed if you don't consent to being recorded please hang up now.

I did tell one foreign person they had one last chance to take my attorney information before I was hanging up. They took it.. lol

BTW.. they are required by law to tell you who is calling.. That is why you ask who is calling first.
                          Last edited by Mi Bankruptcy; 08-07-2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Does anyone know if tell them to call the attorney because you are going to file and it takes you a few months to file. Will they try to speed up the process of a lawsuit?

Comment

Originally posted by TBLTZ View Post
                              Does anyone know if tell them to call the attorney because you are going to file and it takes you a few months to file. Will they try to speed up the process of a lawsuit?
                              i don't have any experience with this, but my guess is they won't speed up the process, because for all they know, the second they sue you, you will file - they would speed up *your* process and get no money at the end.

just make sure not to tell them anything about your waiting a few months to file.
                              filed ch7 May 09
                              341 june 09

Comment

Originally posted by music12 View Post
                                i don't have any experience with this, but my guess is they won't speed up the process, because for all they know, the second they sue you, you will file - they would speed up *your* process and get no money at the end.

just make sure not to tell them anything about your waiting a few months to file.
                                Thank for the reply.

Im going to file oct 5. I haven't start to tell them yet. Im waiting until the 1st of sept. Im now im just telling them I will try to make the payment.

I tried to call one of the creditors back two days in a row and there phone number is disconnected. wasting my time....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X