top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when can u use your chking acct again????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you owe the bank money you don't want to have money in there on the day that you file. I've heard especially Wells. In fact, my attorney said in So. Cal. the trustees are getting totally irritated with Wells because they are blocking funds that they have no right to block and making more work for the courts and the trustees, because they are having to write special letters telling them it is okay to release the funds! On the date we filed, I had $12.02 left in my Wells account. Since then, the account is fine and they haven't touched it.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I have Wells Fargo and stopped using them from the time I filed until my 341. At the 341, I asked my attorney if it was safe to start using Wells Fargo again and he said if they hadn't frozen it by then, they weren't going to.

You should be fine to start using it again
      Filed 5/12/09
      341 6/11/09
      discharged 8/11/09
      Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Why do some lawyers say to use your accts and others say don't???
        filed June 12,09
        341 July 20,09
        deadline to object Sept 18,09

Comment

You may be confusing different concepts.

There is nothing wrong with continuing to use your checking account before or after filing a bk. If you have cross-colateralization terms with a bank you have a loan and a checking account with you would want to stop using that checking account.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

you know I had to do what socialbroke had to do. Now all I want to do is use it again. I'm scared cuz I just want to write a few checks and I don't want WF to do anything to the checks I write. I did use it today to pay my cricket bill and it worked out.
            filed June 12,09
            341 July 20,09

Comment

I mean I paid my cricket bill online and it worked. I'm just scared of all of this.
              filed June 12,09
              341 July 20,09

Comment

I understand your concern but at this point, you should be fine. I have been using the account again for about 5 weeks for everything and even set direct deposit back up and have had NO problems.
                Filed 5/12/09
                341 6/11/09
                discharged 8/11/09
                Closed 8/14/09

Comment

Many attorneys tell you to quit using your checking account because like in my state there is no wildcard exemption and the exemption amount is low. $150 single and $300 couple. Anything over the amount on the day you file will then belong to the trustee. It doesn't matter if that money was meant to pay bills and the checks just hadn't cleared the bank yet. So to keep their clients safe bk attorneys advise you quit using your checking account early to allow all checks to clear. Then remove any excess to keep the amount under your state's cash exemption limit.
                  Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                  341: 5/12
                  Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

I never stopped using my account. I didn't have to worry about money in my account on filing day because I live in CA where you can have a buttload of money (wish I had) that can be exempt with the wildcard.
                    Filed 5/29/09
                    Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X