top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when can u use your chking acct again????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when can u use your chking acct again????

Filed in June, 341 in July....acct w/ WF owe them no money....paying stuff with MO and cash. Had no problem with WF yet. Although being audited by an audit firm for my BK...random audit. When can I start using my chks to pay some stuff??? I've been just taking the money out.
    filed June 12,09
    341 July 20,09
    deadline to object Sept 18,09

if they haven't frozen your accounts by now, they probably won't. my guess is you are safe writing checks; even better to write checks from the account itself online (those checks can't possibly bounce!).

you can also change banks if you want.
    filed ch7 May 09
    341 june 09
    discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I can't change bks because I have direct dep going in there that are too hard to change. I have not wrote chks for several months and I'm scared to start. What would you do???
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09

Comment

Unless you owe WF money you should be fine. If you're worried open a new account at a new bank and change your direct deposit.

We don't owe our bank anything and we've never stopped using our account. I still write checks and use my debit card all the time.
        4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
        5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
        7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
        7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

We began to use our checking account again the day after we filed our bk. That's when the attorney said we could restart. Of course we didn't bank with Wells Fargo which we all know is a bad idea during a bk. If you bank with Wells Fargo and have had your 341 it should be safe as long as you don't owe the trustee money.
          Ch 7 filed: 3/30
          341: 5/12
          Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

I never heard if I owed him money.How do you know if you do owe money? Nothing was said at the 341in July 20
            filed June 12,09
            341 July 20,09

Comment

Has a report of no distribution been posted to Pacer?

Also, I have my equity line with Wells, and I only left $12.00 on the date that we filed. They left the account alone, and it is fine now.

I have changed banks and my auto payroll deposits too, although those were at BofA.
              Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
              341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
              Discharged: 11/30/2009
              Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

denise, you would know if you owed the bank money.

if you hesitate to write checks, why not start small: write a $10 check to yourself or a very close friend.
                filed ch7 May 09
                341 june 09
                discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

I never stopped using my checking accounts.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                    I never stopped using my checking accounts.
                    I'm with you on this one. I have no idea why not using a checking account is wise bk planning.
                    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I would actually think withdrawing money just to yourself and getting money orders for everything would actually look more suspicious because all they would see if they looked at your bank statements is you withdrawing cash. If you use your debit card, check etc... they can at least see yes you spent 30 bucks at the grocery store, yes you spend 30 bucks on gas...etc...
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I don't owe the bank any money...the one person said if you owed the tt money. I never heard if I owed the tt money.No one said anything at the 341.
                        filed June 12,09
                        341 July 20,09

Comment

I thought you could not have too much money in there when you file??? What did you do then???
                          filed June 12,09
                          341 July 20,09

Comment

You just start using the account again. It's really pretty easy. I was concerned because my equity line was with Wells, but they told me that they will not auto-deduct payments anymore that I have to send them in.
                            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                            Discharged: 11/30/2009
                            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

How come some say to use the accts and others don't???
                              filed June 12,09
                              341 July 20,09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X