Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wage Garnishments

I'm in a Jam.....

I got a Default Judgement against me and I am currently unemployed.

When I went to the courthouse to ask about fifth third bank suing me they said if you owe the money don't do anything..

So I never responded...

I have moved since they sued me, and they don't realize I quit my job....

I just found out their trying to garnish my wages....
    But too bad I don't work there no more...

Anyway I am going to be filing chapter 7 in a couple of weeks, and I desperately need a job though.

Will the garnishment effect my job opportunities?

And should I wait 'til the creditor meeting, so the money will be all mine?

They would need to find where you work first before they can garnish your wages. When you do file, it will cease their collection/garnishment abilities.

Comment

So should I wait, or get a job, and let them figure out where I work...

I should mention I no longer bank with Fifth Third

Comment

absolutely If you will be filing shortly, in the next few weeks, they wont have time to garnish your wages. When you do file, they will need to cease their activities.

Comment

I still got to do the Debt Management Course too before I file...

If I register for an online course how long will it take to get the paper once I complete the course?

Comment

Some services will make a certificate available immediately upon completion. Others may make you wait hours or days for confirmation.

Comment

Can I print it out then if it's immeaditly? That would be a big help....

Comment

Yes, some services will allow you to immediately print out the certificate.

Comment

Sweet!!!!!

Thank god for that...I want this to go fast, so I can get my life back on course....

Comment

Well if a job opportunity comes along by all means take it. Don't not work just to stop the garnishment. If you will filing soon, they won't find where you are working before you file, unless you drag your feet filing. We had a judgement against us, we filed within a few weeks and filed on them, that was that.

We used CCCS for our pre filing class, and we got our certificate via email acct, which we printed out. I think most will offer this. For our 2nd class we used 50-30-20, again we printed out our certificate.
                    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

thanks for being helpful and informative...It's a long and scary process.....

I'd love to go back to my old job, if the boss will let me, I left on mutual terms...

She knows I was going to file bankruptcy at the time I left, I gave her a heads up so that I could take off work when Needed....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X