No announcement yet.

did something for myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everywhere I've been to colors, then cuts. Why I don't know, never really wondered. But I only get trims.
    Filed 5/29/09
    Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Definitely feels good to have the money to do something nice for yourself. I've recently lost 45lbs and have been making do with my old clothes that don't fit anymore. I had been buying a piece here, a piece there over the past couple months. Now that I've filed and actually have a little extra money, I went and bought myself a new wardrobe. I also was able to buy my son some fall/winter clothes. Can I mention that I love Old Navy! Was able to get my hands on some killer coupons so I saved a ton!
      Filed 5/29/09
      Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

I've been dying my own hair for years. There's nothing to it. Don't buy the box dye at the drugstore - it's terrible for your hair. Just go to Sally Beauty Supply and buy the professional stuff, it's like 3 dollars a tube. If you have long hair you can buy two tubes for $6! Then all you need is a bottle of developer, that's another $5 and is usually good for 10-15 uses.

Whenever I have gone to get my hair cut - they are always amazed that I did my own color. Easy, easy, easy and cheap, too.

Also, look online and find instructions for cutting your own bangs. Even if you don't have enough money to get a full haircut, trimming your bangs can help keep you looking "fresh".

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I have actually tried to dye my own hair before... its never good. I just have so much hair I can't do it well. I end up with spots or getting dye all over the place...

I'll just have to live with my 2.5 inch brown roots for a while... I dye my hair red, so doing it myself is a little stressful as red fades so fast. Luckily the red has faded enough that my roots aren't like totally obvious.

I also cut my own bangs!! I do it over the toilet .... hehe.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
            Thanks for the tips! I have actually tried to dye my own hair before... its never good. I just have so much hair I can't do it well. I end up with spots or getting dye all over the place...

I'll just have to live with my 2.5 inch brown roots for a while... I dye my hair red, so doing it myself is a little stressful as red fades so fast. Luckily the red has faded enough that my roots aren't like totally obvious.

I also cut my own bangs!! I do it over the toilet .... hehe.
            Amy:

I used to have my hair dyed red also (Loved It!). It's a Dark brown color. Went every 3 months to have it done. Now, I'm doing good to get my hair cut once a year at Wal-Mart and the hairdressers always tell me I have such thick hair for my age.

I don't have bangs. Never have been able to have them as they bug me. My hair is all one length and, right now, it's 1/2 between the bottom of my ears to my shoulder. I like it to be shorter, but it's hard for me to justify getting it cut when we've got so many medical bills that need to be paid.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by LuciluS View Post
              Amy:

I used to have my hair dyed red also (Loved It!). It's a Dark brown color. Went every 3 months to have it done. Now, I'm doing good to get my hair cut once a year at Wal-Mart and the hairdressers always tell me I have such thick hair for my age.

I don't have bangs. Never have been able to have them as they bug me. My hair is all one length and, right now, it's 1/2 between the bottom of my ears to my shoulder. I like it to be shorter, but it's hard for me to justify getting it cut when we've got so many medical bills that need to be paid.

Luci
              Awe sounds like you have some great locks too! One of these days I'll have enough cash to get it done again. We also have medical bills... I hate my insurance. It seems all wonderful on the outside but once you start using it you realize how crappy it is. My company pays the monthly fees for it 100% and never charges us a dime no matter how many family members we have on it. However, we have a 3,000 deductible for my husband and I. So, like I went to the allergist a while back boom 600 dollar bill. I had to go to the urgent care after that....another 200. I really don't understand how they expect someone to be able to pay these kind of balances even when they will pay everything after 3000. My company does put money into an HSA account but I only got 500 for the whole year. So, I really hope these doctors don't mind me making payments to them... but my company is essentially putting me into debt for this stupid medical program.

I have bangs but I don't wear them as bangs. I part my hair off center and have it swooshed over the side of my face (for lack of a better description!). But I need to have bangs to be able to do that or my hair just falls in my face! hehe. Then its all angled down in layers...

Course it looks kinda scraggly now I haven't had it cut since March.
              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.

Comment

maybe next time when you want to get your hair colored at the hairdresser, take your hair dye that you bought from sally's with you !! Hopefully you can save that way.. I know my hairdresser only charges me $15.00 to color this way, instead of $35.00, every bit helps
                Filed on 7-17-09
                waiting for 341
                341 meeting 8-21-09
                discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Hmm that's an idea... but I'm not sure how I would do that... my hairdresser mixes about 3 different colors together to get the color that I use... kind of our own creation... I call it Merlot. ;) I guess I could ask her which ones I need to buy.

Comment

Yep you should ask, can't hurt to save you money, maybe slip your hairdresser a extra buck or two in her tip.. by buying your own dye , you still have saved at lest $20.00
                    Filed on 7-17-09
                    waiting for 341
                    341 meeting 8-21-09
                    discharged/ case closed 12/23/2009

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                      LOL... I don't think it would be appropriate to post my photo here... I don't want my true identity discovered.... LOL.
                      You're already identified! We now know you are Rapunzel!
                      Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by mamaluv View Post
                        Definitely feels good to have the money to do something nice for yourself. I've recently lost 45lbs and have been making do with my old clothes that don't fit anymore. I had been buying a piece here, a piece there over the past couple months. Now that I've filed and actually have a little extra money, I went and bought myself a new wardrobe. I also was able to buy my son some fall/winter clothes. Can I mention that I love Old Navy! Was able to get my hands on some killer coupons so I saved a ton!
                        Congrats on the weight loss & the new wardrobe!

That's a big accomplishment especially when going through a stressful time like BK. I had lost 32 lbs a couple of years ago and I've gained it all back this year. I didn't used to be a stress-eater (the opposite actually) but apparently I've converted. lol.
                        07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
                        08/10/09 341
                        10/16/09 Discharged
                        02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                          You're already identified! We now know you are Rapunzel!
                          OH @#$! !!!! I am discovered.... now....to find a wig that fits......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X